Help if you can

juju56August 4, 2007

I want to learn to make baskets. But My eyes hurt when I try to read along time to learn things. So I am wondering if any of you know of a site or business that I can order a dvd of how to make baskets from. If this is in the wrong forum I am sorry. Juju

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
honeysuckleridge

JuJu...I'm not sure where you live but here in my area which is a little bitty town, there are workshops and classes in a neighboring town at the local college and a Heritage center that teaches basket making in several different styles for just the cost of supplies. It might be something to look into in your area. I'm such a hands on learner that this would be the best option for me.
I wish you success in your new adventure.

ginger

Bookmark   August 5, 2007 at 7:47AM
juju56

Well that was the first thing I checked out and the only class I could locate were for blind people only. And I don't know why. So I thought some one here may come up with an idea of where I could order one. Juju

Bookmark   August 5, 2007 at 3:21PM
bamasue

Juju, oh, how I feel your pain!! I, too, am a visual person! A couple suggestions...try to find out the name of the instructor who teaches those classes and see if she/he might also have other classes or be willing to work with you. Also, as to DVD's, etc., check with your local public library. Many now have sections of such devoted to varying crafts. Good luck to you! I was fortunate enough to have taken a basket making class in FL years ago using all native materials and loved it...it was thru our local rec center and, coincidently, open to all regardless of physical ability!!

Bookmark   August 9, 2007 at 8:21AM
surfergal

found these thru a google search - there may be more

also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnVLj4VPkhM

http://www.basketweavingvideos.com/dvd_series_100.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: basket dvd

Bookmark   August 9, 2007 at 9:14PM
More Discussions
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for Styrofoam?
I know it exists, as I've used it. I need to spray...
linnea56
Christmas Village
I received a few pieces last x-mas and I didnt do a...
christine1950
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Terri-57
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™