Soft Sculpture Pumpkins

joyce58August 23, 2008

Hello....Does anyone have a pattern for soft sculpture pumpkins?

I have found patterns that use 8 segmented pieces sewn together but awhile back I bought one that has only one sewn seam....That's the pattern I would like!

I could eventually figure it out but it would be simpler to know the exact measurements.

Thanks,

Joyce

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
craftylady-2006

Have you tried doing a search in your web browser line for just that "soft sculpture pumpkins" I'm sure you'll find lots of sites to check out for that pattern.

Sal

Bookmark   August 23, 2008 at 11:21PM
goldilocs

I make them without using any seams. Just cut a piece of fabric in a large circle then sew around the entire edge with a heavier (rug) thread and draw string it closed with cotton batton inside. Hot glue a cinammon stick in the top and put either a couple of leaves or a bow around the cinammon stick where it meets the pumpkin. Easy!

Bookmark   August 24, 2008 at 9:49PM
robins143

This is not what you are looking for, but I have made a quick no sew version from a roll of toilet paper. I covered the roll with a scrap of batting (but that is optional) and plopped the roll down in the middle of a square of fabric. Bring the raw edges up and tuck into the hole. Cut 2 leaf shapes from fabric and lay across the hole. Twist a brown paper lunch sack tightly (like paper twist) and push down into the hole anchoring the leaves. (You can even add some raffia with the leaves before you push the bag in.) And you are done! These are so quick and are cute in different Fall fabrics and red for an apple. I have one on my desk to start the school year.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   August 25, 2008 at 4:08PM
barb_from_pa

I made some like goldilocks but used heavy embroidery thread wrapped around and sewed up through the middle to make the "sections" and small cut off branches for stems.

Bookmark   August 26, 2008 at 4:30PM
snolady

2 sizes of patterns here. Just click on small pumpkin or large pumpkin words to get the pattern

Here is a link that might be useful: Pumpkin patterns

Bookmark   August 27, 2008 at 1:26PM
More Discussions
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Terri-57
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™