Creative brainstorming needed (Halloween costume!)

sharon_flAugust 18, 2009

I can't believe I'm already thinking of a costume already but it'll be here before I know it.

I have my idea all ready-now HOW to do it! I have been all over the internet searching for a lightweight, styrofoam or plastic barrel. It has to be open at both ends & big enough to get my size 10 body inside and rest on my shoulders.

I will cut out armholes in the barrel & many other smaller holes all over the barrel. I have most of the costume parts located-mask, hands & feet...it's a MONKEY!! I will be sticking all kinds of stuffed monkeys hanging out of the holes in the barrel as well as up around the head opening. I plan on getting a bunch of plastic bananas to place on my head. I will be carrying a sign that says" I'm More Fun Than A Barrel of Monkeys!!!"

OK-that's the plan...any ideas how to make the barrel form or where to buy one like I need? Not the rain barrel shape-the one that loks like a wine barrel.

All ideas appreciated!

Sharon

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
creepfan

what about those plastic barrels that those big hard pretzels come in?? don't know if they would be big enough or not. Maybe just "wear" the barrel and not cut arms through it. Make suspenders that go over your shoulders to 'hang' the barrel from? Just a few thoughts. Good luck!!

Bookmark   August 19, 2009 at 4:54PM
sharon_fl

Thanks for the idea, luckily..a gal over at the Kitchen Table...linked me to an actual barrel costume..hopefully I can order it tomorrow. Much appreciate your suggestion!

Bookmark   August 19, 2009 at 11:24PM
creepfan

Oh good! I'm glad you got the help you needed!

Bookmark   August 20, 2009 at 11:31AM
More Discussions
Hair Jewelry/Headpiece Questions
Hi everyone, This year, I will be attempting once again...
moonwolf_gw
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
Is there a product?
that you can design specific lettering graphics on...
pixistix
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™