Quality of Aldi/Crofton appliances

happylady1957January 6, 2011

Hello Folks,

Thanks to this board, I've discovered Aldi's, and I LOVE IT! We've yet to try a product that wasn't as good, or better, than the "name brand".

With that said, has everyone been happy with the Crofton appliances? There is a juice extractor and a panini grill offered this week, both at a wonderful price, so I am mighty tempted.

Any opinions welcomed and TIA!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jude31

The only Crofton product I have is a paper shredder and it works great.

jude

Bookmark   January 6, 2011 at 12:08PM
vacuumfreak

I was inspired by the people here to get the ice cream maker. I've only used it once, but it worked great, wasn't too loud, and had a really solid feel.

Good luck... I think you should go for it. Everyone needs a juice extractor :o)

Bookmark   January 6, 2011 at 12:22PM
mustangs81

I used the Crofton buffet server (3 pans) for Christmas Eve dinner and for Christmas brunch. While it's not a complicated appliance, it worked like a charm.

Bookmark   January 6, 2011 at 2:10PM
happylady1957

thanks, all. I ran over there, and the juice extractors were all gone! I feel more confidant now with your recommendations to try this brand. Thanks again!

Bookmark   January 6, 2011 at 3:15PM
october17

I use a crofton glass-bowl convection oven. It works great - just like the one I had used before that was twice the price! Love this thing.

I had the juice extractor. It worked pretty good. Had to cut up the fruit pretty small though - not too bad to clean either. Now I use the magic bullet for smoothies instead. (Gave the juicer to good will.)

Bookmark   January 12, 2011 at 7:05AM
Cynic

If you have another Aldi nearby, try them. You might also ask the manager if they could call some of the other Aldis in the area if you have several. You won't get the phone number to call yourself but they were nice enough to track down an air conditioner for me last summer.

As far as the appliances, think of Crofton the same as Kenmore, which actually it is. Kenmore does *not* make appliances, nor does Crofton. They're made by other manufacturers and had the store name put on it, whether Sears or Aldi. Same with their store names on the other items. Kroger, Cub, etc don't can their own corn. They have their name put on someone else's product. Just as with the corn, you need to try it and see if you like it. Most small appliances are built in a similar fashion and quality IMO so I wouldn't hesitate to try it out. If you don't like it, you can return it. And for the prices that are the norm at Aldi, I feel pretty confident buying anything there, with the caveat that sometimes the prices aren't the best. Be a savvy shopper and enjoy the savings.

Bookmark   January 12, 2011 at 9:35AM
suelackeysells_yahoo_com

Does anyone have the insturctions sheets for a crofton chocolate fondue fountain? I borrowed one for a bridal shower and the manual is missing. Need to know how much chocolate it uses. Thanks!

Bookmark   February 20, 2011 at 3:34PM
lincoln_butterfly_lisa8_gmail_com

hi everyone I bought a crofton convection oven I need the manual booklet if anyone has one plz let me know. Thanks!

Bookmark   March 28, 2011 at 3:44AM
jwahlton

Well I just bought the ice cream maker and can't find the instructions! I must have left it at work and wanted to make the ice cream tonight. anyone have it in PDF form they can send me?

Bookmark   June 12, 2011 at 12:05PM
lordhighpriestessofthemoon_yahoo_co

I've had the Crofton Water Kettle for more than a year and it still works great. I can't imagine using a regular tea kettle again.
I also have the Crofton Electric Food Chopper, which is relatively new and works like a charm.

Bookmark   August 4, 2011 at 2:26PM
ladyvw123

I have fell in LOVE with all the Crofton appliences!! I believe I started with the 4 slice toaster, then the 3 crockpot buffet server, then a chocolate fountain and the waffel maker.....I purchased the deep fryer a few months ago. ALL of the appliences work and work well. They are resonably priced....its amazing how I have seen other stores sell these items for twice of what I paid.

Bookmark   March 9, 2012 at 3:13PM
soonergrandmom

Lackey - I suppose you have your answer by now, but the book says 3 cups of chocolate chips and three-fourths to one cup of cooking oil. Preheat the fountain 3-5 minutes and it suggests softening the chocolate slightly in the microwave.

Bookmark   March 9, 2012 at 3:41PM
Chad_Riley

I have several name brand electronics in my Kitchen most by Nostalgia Electrics. I recently started trying the Crofton Brand Electronics. I have to say, I'm rather impressed. I started out with the Crofton Fryer, and just picked up the Crofton Food Dehydrator. Now I'm gonna be making some Homemade Spicy Beef Jerky. I'm pretty sure there's another Crofton Appliance that will be calling my kitchen home in the near future. What it will be, we'll wait and see.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 11:17PM
More Discussions
How to Buy Pistachios for a Recipe
I'm planning on trying a recipe I found on Food.com...
Cassandra
Apologies to St. Patrick
Not even the corned beef was done the traditional way....
dcarch7
Please clarify this butter question......
Help! my brain isn't working on this one & I need...
amck2
Sharing Jacques Pepin
Hi all - rather than tacking this onto the 'Peeves'...
carolb_w_fl
Need side dish idea and thoughts on dessert
I have been asked to bring a side dish for Easter -...
susan_in_nc
Sponsored Products
Fruitwood Triple Glass Utensil Holder
Classic Hostess
Standard 200TC Pillowcases Pair - WHITE/CHOCOLATE
$120.00 | Horchow
Sapele Luxury Folding Shower Bathroom Seat Modern Bathroom Accessory
Hudson Reed
J&M Furniture Porto 3 Piece Platform Bedroom Set in Light Grey & Wenge
Beyond Stores
Set of Six Schott Zwiesel Footed Pilsner Beer Glasses
$74.50 | FRONTGATE
Alliyah Handmade Vanilla New Zealand Blend Wool Rug(10' x 14')
Overstock.com
Renee I Pendant by LBL Lighting
$176.00 | Lumens
36" Tuscan Series Copper Island Range Hood - Grape Motif
Signature Hardware
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™