Lampshade repair with decoupage
I bought a lamp for $12 about 15 years ago and it has sat on our upstairs screened sleeping porch year round ever since. This year the shade totally gave out all along the top, combined with some rips and holes. I tacked it back up with double sided tape (which I had handy) and looked through my pretty paper pile.
After some messing around with trying to splice down and over lap unsuccessfully, I cut out individual motifs and pieced them together along the top of the shade, gluing them with mod podge as I went. Any paper glue would work but I had mod podge on hand. Its not perfect, but its kind of cute and usable again.