by gladness now in Design Dilemma Need help with comments on dra

glass1990November 12, 2012

I am still in the plan drafting stage. Kindly help me your comments and let me know what you think about my draft plan. The house will be built in South Africa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
live_wire_oak

It would really help you to draw a scale human in all of your ideas first.Then try to move him through the home. You're forgetting that people have dimensions and will need paths to get to one spot from another.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 1:08AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
niteshadepromises

As the previous poster pointed out, without dimensions we are merely guessing at scale. But it does look very tight in some places. This might be fine for you tho, we here in the states want everything sprawling and wide but in your country that may not be a necessity.

Can you verify tho that someone can comfortably get to the master bedroom toilet to use it? Just based on the drawing it looks like its nearly unuseable. Based on the Living Room furniture placement you have there, there doesn't seem to be a clear path into or out of this area without banging shins on endtables. A simple reappropriation of your furniture choices would fix this however.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 1:49AM
More Discussions
Induction cooktops.... Do you have one?
I am doing research on what is out there as far as...
blandinababes
Bank help: What is a 442 Appraisal?
We thought we'd found a great construction loan program...
redheadeddaughter
Sending my floor plan modifications to the architect. Ideas?
I have to have all my structural changes decided by...
houserookie
Don Gardner Callaway Plan - anyone have pictures
My wife and I are considering building the Don Gardner...
Scott Carson
Purchasing Items during build?
For those who have gone through the building process...
njbuilding143
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™