long term purchase worry?

erichomeDecember 31, 2011

I've been plotting a stove purchase for few months. My 20+ year old one is driving us nuts.

I saw the sale at Sear this weekend and thought "hey, I should check that out" but now I'm seeing the financial trouble that Sears has been in for awhile combined with a little trouble on my last purchase there (3 good experiences, 2 more recent bad ones) and I've started to wonder....

Should I go elsewhere? HomeDepot wasn't bad for the washing machine, but I'd been thinking of a KitchenAid like the new dishwasher and they don't carry them.

I had to admit I was surprised by their financial troubles... but that could just be me showing my age. When I think of appliance purchases I think of them first.

BTW, I was considering a KERS206X if anyone has an opinion on it (or my rambling above.)

Maybe I'm just being nervous after spending a chunk of money over the holidays? As long as they out-live the warrenty, does it really matter? The sale goes until the 5th, so there isn't an immediate rush here.

Eric

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weissman

Sears doesn't manufacture any of their appliances so you'll probably be able to get repairs even if they go belly up - but personally, I wouldn't buy a Kenmore at this point (not that I ever have :-) because if Sears does go belly up, the actual manufacturer most likely won't honor the warranty. I'd recommend buying a brand name, even if you buy it at Sears.

Bookmark   December 31, 2011 at 12:23PM
More Discussions
Problem with installing PHS920SFSS GE Slide-in induction range
Hi all, Has anyone installed the GE PHS920SFSS slide-in...
tsesung
Wall oven caution - IKEA/Nutid/Datid/Whirlpool
This post is meant to steer people away from IKEA Nutid,...
detroit_burb
Does Wolf M-Series Double Oven come with Temperature Probe?
If yes, great. If not, does anyone know how much the...
wcutiew
Wolf is increasing the BTUs on front burners
When I called the Wolf showroom in Atlanta, I was told...
charon70
thermador vs electrolux/frigidare freezer
Help! To save money and get more usable space in a...
houztongirl
Sponsored Products
Colonial Mills Jackson Braided Rug - Federal Blue - JK50R024X036
$19.99 | Hayneedle
Engage Leather Loveseat in Beige
$960.00 | LexMod
Neptune | Believe Freestanding Mass-Air Tub
$4,222.50 | YBath
Millerstripe Tray by Vitra
$95.00 | Lumens
Chelsea Black and Ivory Rectangular: 7 Ft. x 9 Ft. Rug
$450.95 | Bellacor
Couristan Timeless Treasures 4708/0066 Afghan Panel Area Rug - Antique Cream Mul
$999.00 | Hayneedle
Brushed Nickel Three-Light Billiard Pendant with Frosted Crystal Glass
$510.40 | Bellacor
Sea Glass Votive Holder Set
$18.99 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™