SubZero BI-36U Vs. Miele KF1901

Bamber41December 31, 2013

Hi,
I have been reading and searching the helpful posts on this forum for quite some time, but this is my first post. We are trying to make a decision on a counter depth refrigerator. Our house will be an open floor plan, so having a quiet refrigerator/freezer is very important to us. We have narrowed it down to the SubZero BI 36U and the Miele KF1901 (both single door and freezer on the bottom / dual compressor fridges). I am in love with the looks of the Miele � its clean exterior, interior fit and finish, and the bright LED lighting.

However, I am torn. In searching posts on this site, I have noticed multiple complaints in the past regarding a whining noise some Mieles make as they run. Also, I am taking into consideration that the SubZero is the more recognizable brand, has a good reputation for service and has been around forever. I do have both authorized Miele and SubZero servicers available in my area, so that itself is not a deciding factor. With discounts factored in, the Miele Is around $600 more than the Subzero.

I want to ensure I�m going to get a quiet, reliable refrigerator that I do not regret. I am leaning towards SubZero being the �safer� bet of the two, but am looking for any perspectives/ thoughts on this decision.

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
saeyedoc

I looked at both last week. The biggest difference to me was the size of the freezer. I'd rather have the room in the fridge, so the SubZero would be my pick.

Bookmark   December 31, 2013 at 3:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bamber41

Thanks saeyedoc. I didn't think to factor in that comparison. Like you, I would prefer the space on the fridge side.

Bookmark   January 3, 2014 at 11:18PM
More Discussions
Miele 643g dishwasher
I bought a house that has this dishwasher. I do not...
cbsdesign
capital precision mcr304 vs. wolf gr304?
Anyone have thoughts on these two? Also looked at GE...
mweyandt
How to decide on refrigeration? High versus low end.
We are a family of 4 with growing kids; cook almost...
acaba
INDUCTION wars: Electrolux freestanding or Bosch slide in?
Hi everyone! We have our induction range choice down...
Kiwigem
Best dishwasher with a heated dry option?
Does anyone have recommendations for a dishwasher that...
My4thGarden
Sponsored Products
Polipo 36 in. Bath Bar by PLC Lighting
$270.00 | Lumens
XtremeAIR 36 Inch Wall Mount Stainless Steel Range Hood PX02-W36
eModern Decor
XP Trilo Pendant
Lightology
Melon 21" Rolling Duffel
$199.00 | Horchow
Bowling Green State University Round: 2 Ft. 2 In. x 2 Ft. 2 In. Rug
$26.95 | Bellacor