Could I Get Some Crafty Poem Help??

sandy_in_iaAugust 18, 2005

I am making another towel cake for a wedding shower. I was thinking today, that it would be fun to have some poem type tag on there. Something I could use as the card, too. It would be nice to have something that says that you need to go to the bottom of the gift bag to lift the cake out.

Here is what the 'cake' looks like. Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated!!! THANKS!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CandyWA

Great idea for giving towels!

What if you put a pretty gift bag over the cake... rather than putting the cake into a bag? That way the bride-to-be would simply lift the bag off. Just add a huge loopy bow with streamers, and a gift tag. If you're selective about the design, nobody will notice that the bag is upside down.

Bookmark   August 20, 2005 at 3:28PM
gluecille

Sandy, that is really cute. Are those hat pin or corsage pens holding the towels together? I make diaper cakes out of disposable diapers for baby showers but I haven't tried the towel cakes. I'm sorry I don't have a poem but I just had to let you know how cute this was.

Bookmark   August 28, 2005 at 9:03PM
sandy_in_ia

Gluecille, they are corsage pins. I buy them at Wal-Mart in a box of 144....I use almost all of them in one cake! I like the looks of them as the decoration, and it keeps things together better.

Bookmark   August 28, 2005 at 10:50PM
gluecille

I thought that is what they were. I have some of those left over from my daughters wedding. That is a really neat idea using them to hold it together. It looks like you have sewn beads on it. I am definitely going to have to remember this for my next wedding shower I attend.

Bookmark   August 29, 2005 at 8:55PM
perk2

Have you tried the Voy forums? There are some very creative poets there. They have helped me out lots of times. The address is http://www.voy.com/100606/
I'm sure you'll find your poem there. If not just ask.

Bookmark   September 1, 2005 at 9:19PM
le_chef

Hello Sandy_in_IA and the rest of you out there.

Although the posts in this forum turn out to be incredibly old, I'd like to provide you all with some advice on how to make beautiful diaper cakes.

All done in the hope, that someone sees those advice.

/
Yours truly,
le_Chef

Here is a link that might be useful: Diaper Cakes.tk

Bookmark   May 20, 2008 at 12:45PM
More Discussions
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for Styrofoam?
I know it exists, as I've used it. I need to spray...
linnea56
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
L A
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™