Quiet Book Question

ME1366August 12, 2013

I'm new to the forum but am having trouble thinking through an issue. I want to do a David/Goliath page. I would like Goliath to fall. I envision drilling a hole through a bean and attaching it to fishing line. The fishing line would also be attached to Goliath's head. The problem is having him fall so his feet aren't sticking up in the air. Any suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

When I taught preschool kids Bible class I just made a felt rock with couple of lines on it & couple of layers glued together & made a slingshot out of Y of a small tree branch & put the "rock" in the rubberband I had attached & pretended to hit Goliath in head & I knocked him down. I did not let kids play with rubberband slingshot! I had both figures of David & Goliath & background of outdoor mountain & valley area. All my figures were felt, they used to have them & you cut them out & assembled them plus I add what I needed to get the story so they could understand it. If story was about Peter by the sea & there was "no sea" I made a felt sea so I could tell more stories using some of same pages for different stories by changing part of background & different figures. Sounds like your Goliath is a doll. Hope this helps!

Bookmark   August 13, 2013 at 2:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CLBlakey

I know this is old not sure if you found your answer but what about using a brass fastener to attach his feet then he would rotate on it and lay down

Here is a link that might be useful: brass fastener

Bookmark   September 11, 2013 at 8:53AM
More Discussions
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
Is there a product?
that you can design specific lettering graphics on...
pixistix
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™