Mudroom / Lockers / Etc
I have been modifying our mudroom/laundry room to make it as functional as possible. Here's the latest layout:
To the left of the mudroom/laundry is the kitchen.
Questions / Thoughts:
1. If you have lockers, do you also have a closet in the room?
2. On the 12" deep built-in, I'm thinking of:
(a) having our dog's eating area where her bowls are dropped into the first lowest shelf and have hooks for leash, etc.
(b) higher up, maybe add charging stations, mail shelves, etc?
(c) since I want it to go all the way to the 9' ceiling, the high shelves will be for additional storage for kitchen overflow
3. On the bigger built-in, I'm thinking of putting a typical locker. We hope to have 2 kids; our only kid is only 22mos old. The 5' wide locker is definitely not wide enough for 4 people (I think). This is why I have been questioning the coat closet in the room.
4. On the other hand, having additional closet storage for things like cleaning stuff, vacuum (or vacuum hose) would be good. So a part of me wants to narrow down the lockers.
5. What would you do with the corner space adjcaent to the 12" built-in and countertop? I've thought about making the counter overhang to 12" and lining it up to the 12" builtin. Also thought about leaving it open and maybe put a bench there or trash can or something.
WDYT? Looking forward for suggestions. :)