Questions on cookies and punch
Hi folks, some background info: we are having my son's Eagle Scout Court of Honor at our church in a few weeks (this came upon us very quickly - long story short, only date available). We will serve a lunchtime meal at our home for approx. 20-24 relatives coming from a distance, then the ceremony will be at 3pm followed by dessert in our fellowship hall. Invitations being sent to the approx. 30 scouts/families and 15 leaders. We are very involved in our church, and will make an announcement inviting the congregation to attend. We're requesting rsvp's by Wed - 3 days prior to the Sat. ceremony. Until then, I really have no idea how many people we are talking about (I'm estimating 75 people, but I could be off either way). All scouts won't come, but many of those that do will likely bring a parent. Not many may come from the congregation, but we might get 20 or 30, as an initial guess. My plan is to order large cakes that Wed to well cover the estimated number of people. I also want to provide lots of homemade cookies. We will serve coffee & tea, and my son wants punch. Cookies I've made/frozen so far with amounts in (): choc chip (60), snickerdoodles (40), oatmeal cranberry (40), "Grammy's chocolate cookies" (60), molasses spice (32). They all came out very tasty, so I'm happy with the recipes. My son is allergic to all nuts. Given that some may only eat cake, some may only eat cookies, adolescent boys may grab handfuls of cookies, and only some of the adults will want the punch here are my questions:
1. How many cookies per person would you estimate?
2. When I make more cookies, would you stick with more of the same 5, or do you have other suggestions to further round it out (no nuts). I'm thinking that the more kinds there are, the more people would take to "try one of each," so more variety isn't necessarily better if I don't want to make a million! But if you think the variety is lacking, it's just as easy to make different kinds.
3. How much punch per person would you estimate - for example, 8 oz each for every child, and for 20% of the adults? With coffee & tea being offered, I have no idea how many adults may go for the punch.
4. I have a gallon each of cran-cherry juice & apple cider left over from Christmas that I want use up. Given that I will need much more juice, as well as soda/seltzer, and given that there are tons of punch recipes, is there a guideline on something like "stick with 3 juices and you should be fine." In other words if I threw a gallon of pineapple juice into the above mixture along with some sprite/seltzer would it probably taste good?
5. Is there a general ratio of 2/3 juice, 1/3 soda/seltzer? Or is it more like 50/50?
Thanks so much for your willingness to answer these questions, as I do not have much experience in single handedly feeding a crowd!