30 inch dishwasher from Dacor?

home4all6December 29, 2010

Hi! I am a constant-lurker who is in the planning stages of a kitchen addition, and in searching my local clearance outlets for appliances, there is a Dacor ED30SCH 30" Built-in Dishwasher that they are almost GIVING away, currently they have 4+ of them for $699/each. I've tried to research, and I know they were originally priced near $3000. Obviously they didn't sell, and I'm trying to figure out why? Is it the unusual size or something more? I have 4 young children, so we certainly could use the DW space. And we are planning an all-new, so space constraints aren't an issue. I currently have a mid-line Bosch and I love it.

Any input on this product or brand would be appreciated.

Happy New Year!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
advisor

A regular 24" dishwasher is 24" x 24", and a rotating washer arm gets everywhere. This is 30" x 24" so they had to add additional complexity to get washing action on the far left and right.
Was this the problem that caused the Dacor dishwashers to leak all over the floors of America's rich. That all said these complaints haven't been heard for awhile....years, and I don't know if that indicates the problem was fixed, or they just don't sell anymore.
Here's what we wrote in 2004:
http://applianceadvisor.com/content/dacor-dishwasher-line-stopped

In the end, even if the unit is perfect, it is not a good idea to put in a 30" dishwasher. It is a non-standard size that you cannot replace with a competitor unit.

If you need the capacity, it is better to use (2) 24" units.....and then you can keep your current Bosch.

And though people seem to hate when I bring this up.....it may be more energy efficient to have 2 Bosch dishwashers always running full than this Dacor unit.

Here is a link that might be useful: ApplianceAdvisor.com

Bookmark   December 29, 2010 at 11:50AM
weissman

Bad idea - those DWs had problems and Dacor stopped making them. AND they are the only 30" DWs so if you need to replace it, you've got problems.

Bookmark   December 29, 2010 at 12:31PM
home4all6

Ok, say no more, you have convinced me...it was, of course, tooo good to be true. I knew it, just had to be told again by all of you. Thanks!

Bookmark   December 30, 2010 at 9:49AM
cindyjshoop

OK, so I have a 30" Dacor Dishwasher. Where can I get the one the post talked about above?? I have had the technician come and he quoted me $900 to fix it. I would LOVE to buy the $699 Dishwasher to replace the one I have as my cabinets would have to be altered to accommodate a 27" now. Plus, there is no room for two 27" dishwashers in my kitchen. We have a large family and the 30" was/has been perfect for the last 7 years. But, I didn't know then what I know now~no one else makes a 30"! I thought then it was an awesome feature!

Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 1:51AM
hvtech42

Dacor bought those dishwashers back years ago! They were a complete disaster for the company and I'm surprised yours lasted 7 years. All of this caused them to stop making their own dishwashers and now they are sourced from Asko. I would contact Dacor before doing any repairs. By the way the standard size for dishwashers is 24" not 27".

Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 11:39AM
jdenni237

Hello home4all6,

I would like to buy your dacor dishwasher. Do you still have it? You can reach me at jdenni237@yahoo.com

Bookmark   last Wednesday at 10:35AM
More Discussions
Need A New Keurig - Suggestions?
Our Keurig at the lake bit the dust. The single cup...
amck2
ge 36 inch duel fuel monogram cannot be repaired
After ten years my GE Monogram has been rendered useless,...
Mb
High end appliances thermador vs. dacor
I currently have dacor ovens. I am trying decide brands...
mcaprizs
Best duel fuel range
If you wanted duel fuel which would you go for?
nismo99
Blue Star grill igniter--is it broken?
My Blue Star grill is becoming finicky when I try to...
nycbluedevil_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™