Luvs, Too much Glass...etc....

jaybirdJuly 31, 2008

I want to make something that requires glueing glass to glass. I always use E6000(or something with a name like that :^) for everything, but someone suggested that glass makers use a different glue that is stronger. I figured if anyone would know what that glue is, it would be someone here.

Sincere thanks for any info you can provide.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toomuchglass

Luvs ----- E-6000 is great for inside stuff ... glass to glass. If you want to glue something that will be outside ..... GE Silicone 2 is the best . It dries perfectly clear and is weather proof. Whatcha doing ??? :) ( Nosey me ) PS - I sent the list of books to you ...

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 7:50PM
toomuchglass

I'm sorry Jaybird ---- you started this post - not luvs !! LOL ...... I've been screwing up names so much lately - it's laughable !

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 7:52PM
luvstocraft

Don't worry, I've been known to mix up names too. I got your email by the way and replied.

Jaybird, you can get the GE Silicone II for windows and doors at Walmart and Lowe's. Make sure you get the one that says "clear" because there are others out there.

Most of the ladies on the Garden Junk forum use it on their glass totems. Mine have been out in the hot California sun and daily water from sprinklers for a couple of years now and still holding fine.

Only problems I've heard of have been from "old" tubes of it--so try to check for an expiration date. It comes in small squeeze tubes as well as the ones you use the "caulk" gun with.

Here's a site that might be helpful too.

Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Glue advice

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 8:13PM
jaybird

Thank you ladies!!!
I am making candle lamps for the "girls" in the family for Christmas. A glass candle holder, a glass bobeche with crystal dangles on top of the holder and then a glass votive holder (with the peg on the bottom) for the top. I have a couple of the votives that are etched and really pretty. I want to glue the whole thing together since there are kidlets in most of the families.
I really appreciate your help!

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 1:58PM
kathleen_li

And I hope they give YOU a camera, Jay. You have been promising pics, and I would sure love to see what you are creating!!

Bookmark   August 5, 2008 at 8:05PM
More Discussions
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
post your april challenge pics here: new growth!
Welcome to the April Challenge! You are challenged...
concretenprimroses
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™