matching soffit and fascia with window trim color

maylenewNovember 7, 2011

We have ordered sierra pacific wood windows for our remodel/new construction in the "linen" color. I've been trying to match this color with the soffit and fascia. Has anyone else had experience with this? What brand or material? I'd prefer not to have to paint all the trim etc.. but I will if I have to.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Eyegirlie

I don't have specific information for you, but I remember stressing over matching the windows and soffit and fascia. Truthfully, when we started building, I had never even heard the terms soffit and fascia!!

Our window trim ended up being a much darker shade than the soffit and fascia. I thought we had made a huge mistake, but somehow it all blends so I wouldn't get too caught up in matching it perfectly. They did give me a sample piece of the window trim in the color we ordered and then our builder got us a sample (similar to what you get for paint) booklet that we used to pick out the soffit fascia color. Good luck!!

Bookmark   November 7, 2011 at 5:00PM
maylenew

Thanks for the input. I'm driving myself crazy!

Bookmark   November 7, 2011 at 5:46PM
mydreamhome

Burnsie--Check with your exterior trim sub. He will have all the colors his product comes in and you can match up from there. There will be plenty of colors to choose from. I will say that in our case we purposely went with a color about 2-3 shades lighter than our windows which are Plygem's tan and we're happy with it. If in doubt, my advice is to go lighter rather than darker--any variation would be blamed on the way the sun's rays hit it. That argument doesn't work so well when the trim is obviously darker.

Bookmark   November 7, 2011 at 7:54PM
More Discussions
Custom floorplan looking for some feedback/suggestions...
Basement: I've been leaning toward making the theater...
goeersn99
Purchasing Items during build?
For those who have gone through the building process...
njbuilding143
Interior Doors - any experience with this company?
Does anyone have any experience with solidhardwooddoors.com...
numbersjunkie
Question about screen porch
First, I'm ONLY thinking about the porch right now....
mrspete
Induction cooktops.... Do you have one?
I am doing research on what is out there as far as...
blandinababes
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™