Anyone miss the old Aleene's Craft shows?

minnie_txJuly 28, 2007

I do and found this link on Google I checked out the different links inside and they don't work. Does anyone hve any current info on the girls or Aleene?

Here is a link that might be useful: Anyone miss the old Aleene's Craft shows?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wired

I never got to watch many of the shows or record them back then. I did subscribe to the magazine years ago, eventually threw them away. I still have two books: Aleene's Prizewinning Crafts: and Aleene's Craft Quickies. At one time I was a member of Aleene's Big Book Of Crafts Club. Still have the binder, though.
Anyway, it's was fun to flip through the books, and the interesting thing to find was that shrink plastic is still going strong with quite a few crafters :-)

Bookmark   July 28, 2007 at 5:56PM
luvstocraft

The last I heard, Aleene had retired and bought a hotel in the Palm Springs area. Her daughter Tiffany was starting a sort of women's retreat there, and I think the other daughter was going to be joining them.

I used to get an email newsletter, but DH put a new Spamblocker on my computer, and I haven't gotten it since then. Wish I could remember what it was called, but don't remember.

Wonder if we could google Aleene's Glues and find any info? Might be worth a try.

I always liked their shows because they did things that were not terribly expensive yet always looked really nice.

Luvs

Bookmark   July 29, 2007 at 12:04AM
wired

I found this. Hope it helps.

http://www.aleenes.com/

Bookmark   July 29, 2007 at 9:48AM
honeysuckleridge

I miss that show terribly. I learned so much!! I absolutely adored Marcie and Patti from Hobby Lobby. You can still find Patti at www.pattiwhack.com.
I didn't like the last 2 years when it was mostly advertising stuff but the earlier years when they really crafted.
Aleene's name was purchased by Duncan Crafts and they still sell her products. www.aleenes.com belongs to them, not to Aleene.

Aleene sold her hotel and is now back in Santa Barbara. From what I understand they are working on a new show, let's keep our fingers crossed!
Heidi has her own website and still crafts and has other business interests. www.heidiborchers.com

Tiffany also has her own media company and develops websites. http://www.tiffanywindsor.com/

Then all 3 sisters did a book in 2006(Tiffany,Candace and Heidi)
http://books.google.com/books?id=sZ6ftqlZ9r4C&dq=tiffany+windsor&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=l05yG4kCm_&sig=42qwwIUZLQlcx06rEnGBAn7z5wU

hope this helps a bit!
ginger

Bookmark   July 29, 2007 at 11:10AM
wired

Yeah, knew that duncan owned the rights now. Just a note Pattie can be found here:http://www.pattiewack.com/index.html

Looking forward to what may or may not happen with the show :-)

Bookmark   July 29, 2007 at 12:54PM
minnie_tx

Thanks for all the new info I'll be looking up those links
I have about 25 VCR tapes I made of things they did on various shows (that's a lot of crafting)
I love Heidi's "junk" crafting

Bookmark   July 29, 2007 at 1:12PM
craftylady-2006

I didn't even know there was such a show. Even though I'm at work during the day, I miss Carol Duval on HGTV.

Bookmark   July 30, 2007 at 4:30PM
lufkit2

I miss Aleen's alot. I taped so many of her showes when I could I would set and stop the tape when a commerical can on it was a thirty min. show after all the breaks.LOL. the show was on for a hour.there was a lot of good ideas on her show.

Bookmark   July 30, 2007 at 5:02PM
SCERVANTES46_YAHOO_COM

Can someone give me info on Aleene's Creative Living Books on Fabric Stiffner bows? Where can I find Aleene's fabric stiffner and draping material?

Bookmark   March 23, 2011 at 7:19PM
minnie_tx

Sylvia do a google search on that product and I'm sure a lot of sites will show up where you can purchase it

Bookmark   March 29, 2011 at 7:28PM
vera123

Loved Aleenes! That show gave me the confidence to start crafting, and I enjoyed many snowy afternoons crafting with my young daughter.

Bookmark   April 2, 2011 at 8:51AM
More Discussions
Hair Jewelry/Headpiece Questions
Hi everyone, This year, I will be attempting once again...
moonwolf_gw
Vase Fillers As Rhinestones?
Hi everyone, I bought a few of these clear vase filler...
moonwolf_gw
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
L A
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
Sponsored Products
Area Rug: Candice Olson Pigeon Gray 9' x 13'
Home Depot
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: LA Rugs Fun Time Groovy Peace Multi Colored 39
$49.97 | Home Depot
Living Room G9 Crystals Pendant Lighting
ParrotUncle
Colonial Mills Texture-Woven Storage Basket - 18 diam. x 12 in. - XN19A018X018
$168.99 | Hayneedle
Area Rug: Candice Olson Taupe 8' x 11'
Home Depot
Designers Fountain 84711 Lauderhill Semi-Flush Light in Natural Iron Finish Mult
$145.50 | Hayneedle
Colonial Mills North Ridge Storage Basket - 18 diam. x 12 in. - NG59A018X018
$89.99 | Hayneedle
Virtu USA Cabinets Tiffany 48 in. Vanity Cabinet Only in Espresso brown
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™