Craft Palm Trees?

watsonairJuly 18, 2012

I am making beach memory jars. I having everything done, but I feel like I need a palm tree in the jar. Any idea how I can make my own?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Twig & some craft foam? That is all I can think of, We have some kind of tree, never gets to big about 10-12 ft at most that has 1/2 in or some larger little miniature pine cone looking things. Might be able to group them together for a more lifelike looking tree. would have to glue or wire together & paint green & attach to thick piece of twig. Could you use some of those cone shells,tree snails,olive shells or wentletrap shells. I don't know anything about shells except I like them. I looked in the dictionary on the shell page. Some are quite common & can be gotten at craft stores. ,If you wired 5 together would look like the top or a palm tree- they are long & some spiral,a lot are small so would work in a jar.

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 2:15AM
adellabedella_usa

Dollar Trees always seem to have palm tree type stuff. I wonder if they have a miniature type something you could take apart.

Another idea would be to print out a tiny photo of a palm tree. You could cut it out to look like a postcard.

Or you could make a dough tree base and stick tiny artifical fern fronds into it.

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 9:03AM
FlamingO in AR

I've made little palm trees using Sculpy and adding fronds made from silk plant leaves, trimmed and cut to look like palm fronds and a wire glued to the back of the frond so I could shape them.

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 7:20AM
sunnyca_gw

Turned out cute!! Jan

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 8:52PM
painteddragon

Years ago my grandmother had some palm trees made from chenille stems bumpy green ones for the fronds and brown ones for the trunk. I don't have any pics. or pattern but it shouldn't be to hard to figure them out.

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 8:12PM
More Discussions
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
Christmas Village
I received a few pieces last x-mas and I didnt do a...
christine1950
Drying or preserving live flowers....
Having just lost a son, I'd like to be able to preserve...
SunnyDJ
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™