AFFRESH Question

joyce58December 31, 2011

Recently bought a Whirlpool Cabrio High Efficiency washer....Love it!

The instructions say to clean with AFFRESH once a month...My question is, if I do only one wash a week can I do the AFFRESH cleaning less often than once a month ( maybe every 2 months?)

I would not do anything to "harm" my new washer, so have been doing the once a month AFFRSH thing.

ALso, since I DO NOT use bleach ( too toxic) is there another natural fabric whitener I can add to my machine for whites? In my old machine, I added baking soda.....

Thanks!

Happy and Healthy New Year to you all.

Joyce

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
asolo

Suggest re-posting on "Laundry Room" forum.

Bookmark   December 31, 2011 at 11:12AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cheri127

I have had a Kenmore HE (1st generation) for about 10 years. After about 3 years it developed a terrible, sewer type odor when I did the first load of wash each week. I thoroughly researched the problem in the laundry forum trying everything that was suggested. The only thing that worked was switching from liquid to powder detergent and from liquid fabric softener to dryer sheets. The smell went away completely. Last month, I ran out of detergent and bought a small bottle of Tide at a convenience store. Before the bottle was empty, the smell came back. As soon as I switched back to powder, it went away. I believe it has something to do with the wax in these liquids coating the outside of the washer drum creating a biofilm for bacteria to flourish in. I tried Affresh and it did nothing to help the problem. I think all these front loader cleaners are a waste of money.

Bookmark   December 31, 2011 at 12:18PM
More Discussions
Whirlpool Chillerator Repair Question
I posted on this issue in Electrical Wiring, but I...
amyf5
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Oven size vs cabinet size
In my search for a new oven I noticed that all have...
dickross
gas oven ignitor help
I recently picked up a great amana self clean gas oven,...
billhiggs
Zephyr Hurricane vs Broan QP430SS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice or stories...
brewcat
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™