24" Gas Oven Canada

jwwbrennanDecember 10, 2013

My second Maytag (Model: CWG3100AAB) 24" gas oven is failing (door needs to be pushed together after closing, control is iffy) and I would like to replace it. I wrote to Maytag Canada about sourcing a replacement but that went unanswered. I see lots of suitable models available in the US but nothing in Canada.

Can anyone direct me to a Canadian source for a 24" gas oven...preferably not Maytag? Rather than renovating the small kitchen with which we are very happy I would change to an electric but electricity is very expensive here. KitchenAid service has always been remarkably good, does that commitment follow through to their wall oven products?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

KitchenAid and Maytag are both Whirlpool brands.

The ovens are very similar.

You can't find GE or Frigidaire?

Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jwwbrennan

Thanks deeageaux for your reply. The Frigidaire FGB24L2A and GE JGRP20BEJBB have possibilities (albeit they look uncomfortably like the Mayday) but they don't seem to be available in Canada.

I know Whirlpool owns the lot but was uncertain if they were all now using the same direct to profit policies.

I'll probably move to electric, buy one of the European brands (people appear to be happy) and do some carpentry to reduce the cutout. I'm not realizing any savings in serial purchasing cheaper product and replacement is irritating.

Is there a way to compare KWH for various electric ovens cooking a common item (miche : 1 Kg 450F 1 hour)?

Edit: Maytag replied and recommended converting to electric as well.

This post was edited by jwwbrennan on Wed, Dec 11, 13 at 7:33

Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 6:34AM
More Discussions
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Double ovens - Gaggenau, Bosch, Wolf, Miele
I do realize that there are many posts about this,...
riese1
Oven size vs cabinet size
In my search for a new oven I noticed that all have...
dickross
Bluestar Platinum Owners - How is your Range
How is it to use the grill and griddle? ie ease of...
dzane
Hands On With the New Wolf M Ovens: Good, Bad & Wish They Woulda'
Just (yesterday) got a new Wolf M double oven installed...
applnut2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™