NXR range install

vanhmd4December 3, 2012

After perusing all of the info on NXR 30 here, I still have one ?. Their website describes it as freestanding vs slide-in. The pictures don't help 100% and need to know if the cooktop itself flanges out over the countertop on either side of the range. I am replacing a slide-in and not sure a freestanding would do. Countetops are new a few years back, so modification is not an option. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weissman

Free-standing ranges do not overlap the counters on the side like a slide-in but free-standing ranges are intended to slide in all the way to the back wall whereas slide-ins require a countertop strip behind the range. Often this is a removeable strip provided either by your fabricator or by the range manufacturer - rather than an intergral part of the countertop itself. If you can remove the strip behind the range or have the fabricator do it, you'll probably be ok. You should also verify that the width of your countertop opening is sufficient for the new range.

Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 10:54AM
jwvideo

The NXR is most definitely a freestanding stove and not a slide-in. The sides are vertical all the way to the top. There is no cooktop overhang/flange.

Also, the NXR is a true 30" wide stove rather than the standard 27 7/8" width. Both free-standing and slide-ins are 27 7/8" wide with slide-ins having the cooktop overhang/flange that goes wider above the countertops. If you are considering the NXR for an existing cut-out, measure the cut-out carefully. In theory, cabinet installers and countertop fabricators assume a 30 1/8" cut-out. In theory, an NXR can be shoved into the space. But but it can be tough to shoehorn a 300 pound stove in with such limited tolerance.

This post was edited by JWVideo on Mon, Dec 3, 12 at 12:28

Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 12:27PM
weissman

I'm not sure about JWVideo's comment that 27 7/8" is the standard range width. I just measured my DCS range and it's 29 7/8" and my cutout is exactly 30". I have a nice tight fit with barely a gap and no problem sliding the range out when necessary. Of course, I had the range in place when they templated and installed my counters.

Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 2:37PM
jwvideo

Ooopps. I meant 29 7/8". Sorry.

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 12:57AM
More Discussions
Anybody seen/used the new Bosch Benchmark appliances?
I think they are shipping these now. I have largely...
Juno_barks
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
48 inch Bertazoni Dual Fuel or MIELE Range and Combi Oven Steamer
I am putting my options of getting the range. I have...
hkwan
Who makes Counter Depth fridge less than 36" wide
Hi, who makes a counter depth fridge that is only say...
Brad Goodyear
Bluestar Precious Metals - Infused copper
Greetings, I am getting ready to order a 36" 6...
pitcom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™