Lighting While You Stitch

cherryfizzOctober 7, 2005

What kind of lighting do use to do your stitching.

I am finding incandescent lightbulbs harder to stich under and it doesn't provide me the light I need no matter what the wattage. I love sitting on the porch in the summer to stitch but I can only do that for a short time.

Anne

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lionors

My father got me one of those "daylight" lights that you see advertised in magazines. It has been a godsend for my aging eyes!

Bookmark   October 11, 2005 at 8:56AM
Silverdove

I only stitch in daylight. My living room has lots of windows, so I always sit in there.

Bookmark   October 14, 2005 at 3:57PM
cherryfizz

I was watching the Shopping Channel the other night and they had lights called Ott lights. I have never ordered anything from the shopping channel so I will look around in the stores. These lights give off a light similar to daylight, probably like the one Lionors, who posted above has.

Today was my last day in Toronto and if I had known there was a Needlework, Stitchery and Craft Event at the Convention Centre I would have gone. The last day is Sunday and I will be on the train back to Windsor.

Anne

Bookmark   October 16, 2005 at 2:27AM
karen56

First Street has a fairly large selection of daylight lamps. I have purchased several for different rooms in my house and love them for neelework and reading. They do not light a large area but are great for direct lighting over a limited area. Colors are very true and print is so much easier to read. Get the highest wattage available. It is worth the extra money.

Bookmark   January 26, 2006 at 10:59AM
starraffy

I use this ionmax natural light desk lamp, DF3028 whenever i stitch, it has a sensor blue light which notifies us if the lighting in the room is not enough, so you just have to switch it on, its bendable to a lot of angles so easier for me to direct the light to what i'm doing. its brighter to compare with the other lights im using at home.

Bookmark   October 24, 2013 at 2:27AM
kathi_mdgd

I have and use Ott lights,have the floor model next to my stitching chair,and have a table top one by my sewing machine.

Nice to see you here Cherry!!
Kathi

Bookmark   October 25, 2013 at 9:39PM
More Discussions
cross stitching over afghan stitch
I have a pattern for the Atlanta Falcons logo that...
browland314
patterns of house plants
Does anyone have any of these they are able to share?...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
songbird bell pull pattern
I've just finished a butterfly bell pull and would...
marricgardens
popcorn chart / tatty teddy exchange suzys zoo
i have quite a few popcorn charts and taty teddy charts...
cute
I've lost my clippings...Help!
Does anyone know the web site that creates graphs from...
Linda
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™