Pictures on glass blocks

fortescuegalJune 6, 2009

I would like to put a picture of my granddaughter on a glass block. I purchased vellum paper and would like to know if this would work and how to put it on. I thought the picture being a little transparent would look nice.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
country_bumpkin_al

I've never tried using the vellum paper, but I've heard the printer ink takes pretty close to forever to dry.
The blocks I've made I used the full sheet label paper..it's white and when the block is on, it kinda/sorta has a transparent look.
Also, I'm thinking if you used the vellum paper..the string of lights would show through.

Bookmark   June 6, 2009 at 8:56PM
grannyicu

Here is some of my blocks I made. I just made the Fathers Day block for My DH. The other 2 I had orders for. Please let me know what you think.

Bookmark   June 8, 2009 at 6:22PM
toomuchglass

Those are awesome ....... very elegant. Now , is this vellum that you printed on ? Did you do it on your own printer ? I want to make some of these so bad ... but I'm at a dead end on how to make a translucent print . My printer isn't that good . Ha ! I don't even know where to find a good print . I'm a lost cause ~~ LOL

Bookmark   June 18, 2009 at 10:30PM
country_bumpkin_al

TMG..I don't know if Grannyicu used vellum or not (BTW Granny..those blocks are beautiful, but you if just have to have it transparent, you might could try tracing paper. At least the ink would dry pretty quick on that.

Do you plan on using the string lights or the nightlight type light? If you're going to use the string type, I can almost guarantee the jumbled up string of light will show through on anything transparent. I don't know about the nightlight kind..but I'm thinking it'd probably show through too.

Bookmark   June 19, 2009 at 12:00PM
More Discussions
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
toomuchglass
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
Thick cardboard tubes?
I have access to about as many thick cardboard tubes...
lexie1397
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™