what glue for polypropylene?

suziecaJune 3, 2008

I want to attach some pieces of 100% polypropylene to each other. What's the best way to do it? Is there a glue that would work or do I get out the sewing machine?

TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Here's a website that is helpful for finding the right glue to use. Good luck with your project. Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: This to That glue site

Bookmark   June 4, 2008 at 1:27PM
suzieca

Thank you but I decided to sew them...turned out nice and only took me about an hour to make 4 placemats. They were actually quite easy to sew on the machine.

Bookmark   June 4, 2008 at 10:12PM
luvstocraft

You know we love to see pics here, how about a pic of your new placemats? Glad you were able to figure it out. Luvs

Bookmark   June 5, 2008 at 2:35AM
suzieca

OK, here are some photos of what I did...basically found round placemats in black and a brick color (looks more red in the photo)at TJMaxx for $1.99 each. I sewed 2 black ones first then topped with the brick one. At least it's kind of different and since it's polypropylene (plastic) easy to clean so can use everyday.
Another thing we were able to do because the cabinet guy mis-measured 2 doors...he gave us the incorrect doors which were just under 14in sq. Glued a 12in tile to them and made two matching hotplates and the wood matches my cabinets(maple). So, for not much money I have 4 place mats and 2 hotplates.

Here is a link that might be useful: placemats and hotplate

Bookmark   June 5, 2008 at 2:07PM
luvstocraft

Those are different, very dramatic looking and a nice new look. Love your countertops--beautiful, and what a great idea for the hot plates. Both are very good projects, thanks for sharing. Luvs

Bookmark   June 6, 2008 at 11:34AM
More Discussions
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
cooper9191
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for Styrofoam?
I know it exists, as I've used it. I need to spray...
linnea56
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™