Sources for decorative metal grill pieces

linnea56June 30, 2009

IÂm looking for some metal grill pieces (I donÂt know the proper name for these. ) I see them offered in stores like Hobby Lobby, as "Metal wall art", but canÂt find the width I need, which is around 6 inches wide. Ideally about 30 inches long, but if they happened to be shorter, and I had several, I could just stack them into a frame.

I want to fill in extra space in a wood project, about 6 inches wide by 31 high, and thought some green or bronze patinaed metal would look nice with the dark stained wood. Original color doesnÂt really matter, I can always paint it.

Thanks for any suggestions. I'm posting to a few forums since I don't know who might use these in their projects.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If you want grate types you may find some in a salvage store, where they gut older homes being torn down and keep a lot of the hardware and architectural items


    Bookmark   July 24, 2009 at 10:48PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
Drying or preserving live flowers....
Having just lost a son, I'd like to be able to preserve...
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
Sponsored Products
Oxygen Lighting | Reflex LED Wall Sconce
$137.00 | YLighting
Progress Lighting Alpha Trak Collection White 1-light Track Head P6328-28
$37.80 | Home Depot
Standard 200TC Pillowcases Pair - WHITE/CHOCOLATE
$120.00 | Horchow
Vap 70 Outdoor Bollard by SLV
$596.00 | Lumens
Korver Loveseat - Key Largo Ruby Red
Joybird Furniture
Beige Lines Embroidered Sheet Set - Queen
Crane and Canopy
Leucos | Diane S Pendant Light
$877.50 | YLighting
100W 120V G25 E26 Half Chrome Bulb by Bulbrite
$7.99 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™