need better needles

bizabetSeptember 2, 2013

I've recently gotten into stitching on plastic canvas (the 14 count kind) and am having needle issues. First off, getting 3 threads thru the recommended 28 size is a PAIN. I bought a threader from Wallyworld yesterday. Broke after threading about 10 needles. 2nd issue is the eyes on the needles are warping from the strain of pulling 3 strands of floss (and no, I'm not using excessive tension). I'm using DMC needles. Are there stronger needles and better threaders that anyone can recommend?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

I don't remember ever using 3 strands of floss ever in the 14ct canvas.I only ever used 2and had no problem;also had good coverage.So try using just 2strands.Those needles should be fine.
Kathi

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 1:55AM
kathi_mdgd

I don't remember ever using 3 strands of floss ever in the 14ct canvas.I only ever used 2and had no problem;also had good coverage.So try using just 2strands.Those needles should be fine.
Kathi

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 3:42AM
kathi_mdgd

Kathi

Bookmark   October 1, 2013 at 12:34AM
More Discussions
cardboard embroidery floss bobbins
hi all......i am having a hard time finding these,...
lindalou
songbird bell pull pattern
I've just finished a butterfly bell pull and would...
marricgardens
Alternative stitches, besides just x's
Occasionally a magazine will have a project with alternative...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
Tatty teddy book marks
Hi all, If anyone has any me to you bookmark patterns...
Lorna.rogers
impossible to find?
Hi I just got back from a wonderful trip to Angkor...
nefi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™