Cross stitch bucilla 42760 footprints kit help!

shiela_annaSeptember 7, 2012

Just bought Cross stitch bucilla 42760 footprints kit and it came with threads that arent labeled with numbers/colors , theyre not separated at all, so i tried to separate them and figure out, then by the time i separated the threads, which took so much time :(, i looked at the cloth, its so small. Is this normal? I tried forllowing the directions but it wasnt looking good. Has anyone done this before? Any advise on how its really done? The last time i bought a kit, it came with threads already labeled, but not this one.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
moreta

I just found this site so if you've already got it, good for you. If not, most of the time, when a kit doesn't have the threads already labeled, there is an extra sheet of paper or a section in the instructions that tells how to separate the threads. It will list the thread color and how many strands of that color are in the bundle. If there is more than one bundle it will define and identify "bundle 1", "bundle 2" and so on. Usually one bundle will have white and the other will have black to help keep them straight. I make my own thread palettes out of old manilla file folders. I cut them about 2 1/2-3 inches wide and punch holes down either side. as you figure out each color, label it with either the name or the number. (I use the name of the color.) Hope this helps.

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 6:17AM
More Discussions
Angry bluebird
Does anyone know where I can find a chart For the angry...
josephene_gw
songbird bell pull pattern
I've just finished a butterfly bell pull and would...
marricgardens
patterns of house plants
Does anyone have any of these they are able to share?...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
Stitching magazines?
Hi, everyone! I'm looking for recommendations for stitching...
brodyjames_gw
Need help with needlepoint
I can't find a needlepoint forum so I am trying here! I...
Linda
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™