more help tea cup feeders?

livvyandbellaJune 25, 2009


I need a bit more help. I can find the pvc pipe at Home Depot, Lowes. I can't find the caps. They have caps, but they all have rounded tops. Any other suggestions on how to glue the saucer would be greatly appreciated.


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I used half inch copper pipe for mine. They have flat caps to put on the ends. I soldered ( but you can glue ) the cap to a jewelry finding of a leave( that I flattened with a hammer ) just so I'd have more surface area for the glue to stick.

Sorry I couldn't help with the PVC , but copper pipe is now cheap enough to use . ( 10' is $8.99 )

Another angle ----

Pic of the copper pipe in the cap -

    Bookmark   June 25, 2009 at 4:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Do you have a farmstore around. I got my at a farmstore call Rural King...Oh and if you paint your PVC, use a plastic primer first. It helps keep the paint on better...

    Bookmark   June 25, 2009 at 4:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Crafty Gardener

I attach my teacup feeders to bud vases, then they slip over a support easily ... makes it much better for clean up too.

Here is a link that might be useful: craf-tea feeders

    Bookmark   July 15, 2009 at 6:12PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™