Help with afghan

Seedlady_OHJuly 21, 2004

Hello everyone! I am new to this cross stitch forum. I am usually in the gardening section but am also a big cross stitcher!!! I didn't know gardenweb had a cross stitch board or would have been here sooner!!

I have been cross stitching for years and have done alot of hard pictures but I recently saw an afghan I fell in love with and bought the material and pattern. I have never worked with afghan material before and was wondering what something on the pattern means. It says to cross stitch over 1 thread. I have never heard thsis before and am not sure what it means. Does it mean to do a normal cross stitch?? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want to get started on this afghan. It is of cats and kittens with flowers. The picture of it is gorguous!!!!! I also do not understand how they say to do the fringing to finish it.

Thanks so my for any help!!!!!!! Have a great day!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kidzrmybiz

Yes it is pretty much a normal stitch like on aida cloth count over 1 hole and up 1 hole and put the needle down through. If you stitch on linen the threads are closer together so alot is done over 2 threads count over 2 holes and up 2 holes and put the needle down through the fabric. Hope this helps.

Gloria

Bookmark   July 22, 2004 at 12:36AM
Seedlady_OH

Thanks Gloria!!!!!!! I figured that might be the way but wanted to make sure. This is such a pretty afghan I didn't want to screw it up!!!!!!! LOL!! When I get it done I will still need help on how to do fringe on it but will work on that problem later! I will attempt to post a picture of it when I am done. I have never posted a picture on here yet so will have to figure that out too. Thanks for the help!!!!!!! Have a great day!!!!!!

Bookmark   July 22, 2004 at 12:45AM
msmeow

Hi! I have made one of the afghans with fringe, so when you get there, I may be able to help!

Happy stitching!

Bookmark   July 30, 2004 at 12:25PM
Seedlady_OH

Thanks msmeow!!!! It will be a bit before I am ready as I just started it. I hoping to have it done by sept but depends on how it goes. Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great weekend!!!

Bookmark   July 31, 2004 at 11:52AM
More Discussions
Tatty teddy book marks
Hi all, If anyone has any me to you bookmark patterns...
Lorna.rogers
Pic2Pat.com, who loves it?
I just discovered the site and have had fun this afternoon...
bossyvossy
impossible to find?
Hi I just got back from a wonderful trip to Angkor...
nefi
Rug Hookers
I'm looking for advice on rug hooking-anyone?
flowergirl70ks
Why are quilts so dynamic while cross-stitch remains boring?
I've been cross-stitching for about 35 years and am...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™