stencilling house numbers??

donnas_gwMay 22, 2007

Can I stencil my house numbers directly onto our vinyl siding? If so, would acrylic paint do the job? I hate the thought of putting nails into the siding to hold numbers bought at a hardware store.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
craftylady-2006

Enamel paints will hold up better outdoors. Look for them at Michael's, Joann's or Walmart in the decorative paint section. Or, by the terra cotta pots at Michael's, you'll find "Patio Paints" which were especially made for using on the pots which are going to be watered.

Bookmark   May 22, 2007 at 5:59PM
donnas_gw

Is this patio paint permanent? I'm thinking what if our address# should change. It did once when they put the 911 system in our area. Do you think painting them directly onto my vinyl siding would look ok, or tacky? Would you do it yourself, that is if you have vinyl siding?

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 9:48AM
oddie

I guess rather you paint on your sideing or not would be a personal choice, since most sideing is not stright, from a side view it might not look how you may be thinking, why not use a peice of wood to put your house # on or even a large stone, just a couple of ideas.
oddie

Bookmark   May 25, 2007 at 7:33AM
donnas_gw

I do have an unfinished wooden plaque that I bought at Walmart a little while ago. I'm going to either use that or stencil the numbers onto my mailbox.

Bookmark   May 25, 2007 at 9:39AM
donnas_gw

oddie, like you said, some siding is not straight from the side view, and mine isn't. I really don't want nail holes in my siding, but, how would those straight numbers bought at a hardware store look on not so straight siding??

Bookmark   May 25, 2007 at 9:55AM
More Discussions
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
L A
Hair Jewelry/Headpiece Questions
Hi everyone, This year, I will be attempting once again...
moonwolf_gw
Drying or preserving live flowers....
Having just lost a son, I'd like to be able to preserve...
SunnyDJ
Halloween costume for my boobs
Yes I know it's pretty weird but after undergoing breast...
trashywoman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™