rattling noise from Miele dishwasher

sharon_sDecember 17, 2008

Hello all,

So yesterday, my Optima starting making this loud rattling sound, which I guess is coming from the pump (sounds like the filter on my fish tank when somethings up with the impeller). The dishwasher is a little over a year old.

So, I'm guessing it needs a service call, but I thought I'd check here first to see if someone has a suggestion. Also, do you think I'll do more damage if I run it? (it seemed to clean ok yesterday--I didn't notice the sound until the very end of the cycle)

Thanks!

Sharon

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loves2cook4six

I had the same problem. Do call the 800 number and maybe get a service call but first check that nothing is caught in the pump and clean out the trap.

They can walk you through it all at the 800 number.

IIRC ours was nothing serious and there was no charge for the technician. Then again my Miele technician and I are very old friends ;-) same guy since we purchased our first Miele appliance 10 yrs ago and he's been to my house about 7 times in that time and I don't think I've ever paid for anything other than parts. I LOVE Miele

Bookmark   December 17, 2008 at 4:55PM
sharon_s

Hey, Loves2cook-

Just wanted to thank you for this. It's been over a month (life got busy)and I just couldn't take the noise anymore so I googled and found instructions for how to get at the impeller. Sure enough, there was a pesky unpopped corn kernel hiding under the impeller. Managed to coax it out and am giving the dishwasher a test run now. So far, so good!

Ah, it's nice to have quiet again!

Bookmark   January 29, 2009 at 4:36PM
jenmenke

any chance you can direct me to those instructions? My Miele has started to make a CRACKLING noise and I wonder if my crackle is the same as you "rattle"

I'm having other issues as well, but service has been no help to me so far.

Bookmark   February 26, 2009 at 10:26AM
antss

pull the filter screen, in the sump front right is a wire that holds a tube down. Flip wire to rear, pull up tube, impeller is exposed.

Bookmark   February 26, 2009 at 9:49PM
More Discussions
Questions on Bosch and Wolf induction - min. pan sizes
Hi, I have been reading posts on this forum for quite...
houztongirl
cancer warning on kitchenaid dw
New kitchenaid dishwasher manual has warnings for chemicals...
kickball
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
tslats2
Help with induction please
I am planning to buy induction when we reno the kitchen....
sherri1058
Bosch Benchmark Policy....
I live in the FL Keys, and we have very few options...
cudjoegal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™