Stuck on how to stick

freeeloveMay 6, 2008

Hello all. I'm an occasional lurker and I tend to find great solutions and inspiration here simply by searching previous posts, but I would love advice on this prodject:

I am breaking into the Birthday Party Business for myself!

Yay!

My back drop will be a portable projector screen on a tripod with my name and web site. It was suggested by a great entertainer as an excellent backdrop alternative (they can go for 400-900 and they are plain!) He has filled in his with marker, silhouettes of children's characters (think ink blots or shadow profiles) along with "Who am I" The kids amuse them selves guessing while I set up and during the show. Love this idea!

However, I would like the option of semi permanently adhering felt/paper shapes instead so I can switch characters over time or have a boy themed set and a girl themed set.

Will glue sticks give me a semi permanent hold? Friends have suggested Velcro dots, but I don't know how it will roll up for transport with a bunch of dots.

Thanks for any suggestions, and in case anyone is wondering, I have permission to use this back drop idea from the original creator.

Lia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
freeelove

Oh! Does anyone think the window cling transparencies I've read mentioned in other posts might work for me? Do they make Black?

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 12:06PM
adellabedella_usa

Could you use a big piece of felt as the backdrop and just have the velcro on whatever is being stuck to the felt?

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 11:02AM
jaybird

felt will stick to felt all by itself...I have been using a felt board for music classes for about 40 years, and it's still working!

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 1:08PM
jaybird

I meant FLANNEL!!!!!!! not felt..............

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 1:10PM
freeelove

Jaybird: I never would have thought of flannel! Will check it out! Thank you!

Felt and velcro might be another option, will save me having to buy so much velcro for both sides!

Thank you all so much for your ideas!

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 6:51PM
More Discussions
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
Drying or preserving live flowers....
Having just lost a son, I'd like to be able to preserve...
SunnyDJ
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
toomuchglass
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™