Macrame Plant Hangers

moonwolf_gwMay 15, 2011

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone on here has old macrame plant hangers? I have one and it looks great! I looked at a pattern for one and it's mind boggling lol. I would like more but don't go to the thrift stores too often. Maybe yard sales?

I have over 30 houseplants, mostly hoyas. Not all of them are hanging plants but still I think some of them would look great in the macrame hangers. The one my grandmother gave me certainly gives the plant a retro look (in a good way)!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toomuchglass

Hi Brad ! I can't help you find any ... but I'm stuck in the past - I LOVED the macrame hangers !!! I couldn't make one to save my soul .... I'm "knot challenged"....LOL . I find them at rummage sales .I have more hangers than plants - I have a black thumb .
Maybe you could try Etsy or E Bay - or just google it .
Maybe you'll get lucky !

Bookmark   May 15, 2011 at 5:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
moonwolf_gw

TMG, thanks! I'll keep looking! Some hoyas are pretty good beginner plants, especially Hoya carnosa (common name: wax plant). It gets these beautiful, waxy, pink or white, fragrant star shaped flowers that are in clusters. Mine hasn't bloomed yet lol but oh they smell great!

Anyways, since it's getting that time of year and all maybe I'll have to pester mom to start going to yard sales again :).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   May 15, 2011 at 9:01PM
More Discussions
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
Is there a product?
that you can design specific lettering graphics on...
pixistix
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
cooper9191
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™