Never ending....always start big!

queensharbotMay 27, 2005

When I first decided to quilt I bought a cheap sewing machine, picked out an extremely complicated star pattern from a Georgia Bonsteel book and completed a queen sized bed spread, complete with bed flaps around all sides....

now I have decided to try cross stitch....

first project - 2002 Dimensions gold santa tree skirt....three years on and I am finally working on santa number 5.

Never give up, never surrender!

What is your never ending project?

(I have lots of other projects and gardening always on the go)!

QS

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msmeow

QS - when I was in college my MIL-to-be showed me a catalog of fraternity logo stuff for the honorary frat my DH to be was in...one of the items was a cross stitch rendition of the frat sheild - not many colors, but quite a large and complex design. I had never cross stitched anything, but I got the kit anyway! It came out pretty good! Just a couple of months ago I finished a mirror frame that looks like stained glass. It was four years in progress, partly b/c it's on 18 ct black fabric, and partly b/c it was BORING! Anyway, put my nose to the grindstone and finally finished it. I just recently started a xst for my DH of a large sailing ship in an oval frame, with a map of ancient England in the background. I think it's about 18 X 24 when finished.

(I do occasionally do a small, reasonable project, too! :D)

Bookmark   May 31, 2005 at 1:29PM
chinacat_sunflower

rofl... yeah, yeah :)

had a friend move to Austin like 5 years ago who just came up for a visit, and there is the guest room is a petit point that I started the year she left - it's huge, 16x30, with 20 solid colors and 20 blends.

I got 30% of it done the first year, and then freaked out and stuffed it in a closet while we found and bought a house, packed, cleaned, painted, and I found it while unpacking...

now, it gives me something to do on mornings it's too wet/cold to go biking or garden. and DH isn't awake yet :)

Bookmark   July 5, 2005 at 11:41AM
grits10

ha ha ha ha ...they are allllll never ending.....

Bookmark   August 4, 2005 at 11:35PM
More Discussions
Need help with needlepoint
I can't find a needlepoint forum so I am trying here! I...
Linda
popcorn chart / tatty teddy exchange suzys zoo
i have quite a few popcorn charts and taty teddy charts...
cute
Stitching magazines?
Hi, everyone! I'm looking for recommendations for stitching...
brodyjames_gw
Newbie needs some help
Hello members. I am your newest participant. My name...
AnyPlan
impossible to find?
Hi I just got back from a wonderful trip to Angkor...
nefi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™