Donating small appliances

puzzlefanDecember 3, 2013

As a volunteer, I say too many small appliances that we have to have collected at cost because the owner was inconsiderate. If it doesn't work, Please don't donate it because you think it might be usable. Do not donate used teflon coated pans, those with dents, etc. The majority of teflon coated pans are always scratched and not suitable for anyone's use.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foodonastump

Sounds like the stuff my aunt gave me when she downsized. She wasn't inconsiderate, she just didn't know it was crap in my eyes. If your charity can't throw stuff out for free then perhaps they should be more discriminating in what they accept in the first place? It's not like they'd be insulting an aunt by saying "no thanks!"

Bookmark   December 3, 2013 at 10:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
puzzlefan

The problem too few volunteers plus items left in collection boxes. If I am working and can find the time, I have rescued a few toasters and such. It is amazing what a little cleaning will do. Yesterday from a collection box, we received a Breville 4 slice toaster. Looked nice but only one side worked. However after a good dose of cleaning via the exhaust side of a shop vac, both sides work!! Some times you get lucky.

Bookmark   December 4, 2013 at 11:42AM
More Discussions
Why are my frozen bananas melting?
Not sure the right forum for this, but I freeze bananas...
weedyacres
Lacanche-beautiful but how functional?
I am very tempted to splurge on a Lacanche for our...
mbwestfall
Masterchef options for Miele speed oven
I have played around with a Miele combi steam oven...
barbja99
48" Wolf, Thermador or Bluestar...or something else?
Looking into purchasing a 48" range. Wolf: Classic....
wren21
Double Gaggeneau Oven vs. Single with Microwave/Convection
We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen. I...
C C
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™