what I have been up to

oddieMay 12, 2009

makeing memorial day flowers.

So what have you all been up to?

oddie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leveta

Those are wonderful oddie...Just like everything else you do...I'm working on a couple wooden stools I got about a month ago at a flea market. It's hard to get much done with GK's, rain, cool weather and winds...I'm sweating out getting my indian corn in on time. We might get a day or two of sun every 2 weeks. The rest of the time its raining...

Bookmark   May 12, 2009 at 9:55AM
huggybear_2008

Oddie, they are just awesome.. so bright and springy looking.. love each one.. you do such a wonderful job..
thanks for sharing..
Huggy

Bookmark   May 12, 2009 at 4:43PM
honeysuckleridge

OH, you do such a great job!!

ginger

Bookmark   May 12, 2009 at 9:39PM
sunnyca_gw

Beautiful arrangements once again. I like the pink one best but all are lovely!! Sorry you have to make so many for your loved ones tho!!Jan

Bookmark   May 13, 2009 at 1:31AM
oddie

Thank you! this is the time of year to remenber all who has passed on, so hard to pass a grave that doesnt have a flower on it, so I always take a extra one and place it on a grave with no flowers, sadly there are so many.
leveta, hope you get your foot stools finished, please share a photo, love seeing what everyone is makeing, know what you mean about the rain we are so late getting our garden in, what do you do with all the indian corn?
Thanks for looking, and all your nice comments!
oddie

Bookmark   May 13, 2009 at 8:12AM
Deb_from_Pa

oh they are so pretty. I like to do my own too........there is a lady in town who sells them every year, but her arrangements are the same every year...she never changes a thing....unless she is forced to buy a different flower in place of one that is out of stock or discontinued....
TFS

Bookmark   May 13, 2009 at 8:45PM
kudzukween

Love the last arrangement! You've got such a great eye and I love all your art...

I haven't done much at all but sleep til now :D
kudzu

Bookmark   May 16, 2009 at 10:31PM
barb_from_pa

Your arrangements are always lovely!

Bookmark   May 17, 2009 at 7:58PM
oddie

Thank you all for your nice comments, I sold these for $15 each was worried my price was to high, now I have people asking if I have more, can never figure out this priceing thing lol!
oddie

Bookmark   May 19, 2009 at 8:46AM
citytransplant

Great arrangements! They look very natural. The arragements sold in stores are usually of garish blues, too bright yellows and glow in the dark pinks all of which Mother Nature would cringe at.

I don't know how you can make them for 15.00 let alone sell them with any profit at all. Nice looking artificial flowers are very expensive in these parts.

Bookmark   May 19, 2009 at 12:03PM
More Discussions
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for Styrofoam?
I know it exists, as I've used it. I need to spray...
linnea56
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™