rainbow pins

barb_from_paMay 2, 2008

I asked for ideas a few years ago and thought I would ask again. Our preschool is named Rainbow Road and at the end of the year we give each child some kind of rainbow pin that we have made. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them. Thanks a bunch!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jaybird

I made a bunch once using the little 1" balsa wood heart cutouts that you can buy in a big package at Michaels'. I painted them white (lay them all out on sheets of newsprint paper and spray them all at once), drew a 3 color rainbow with paint pens and then put first names on with a very fine black paint pen. Glue a pin back on and there you go!

Bookmark   May 2, 2008 at 1:48PM
jaybird

I meant to add that you could do the three color rainbow as a squiggly line diagonally across the heart to make the "Rainbow Road".

Bookmark   May 2, 2008 at 1:50PM
barb_from_pa

Thanks, Jaybird!
We made similar ones several years ago, but painted the stripes with brushes, which I found difficult. I think paint pens would be much easier.

Bookmark   May 3, 2008 at 12:18PM
adellabedella_usa

Another option would be to string rainbow colors of pony or other beads and attach them so they hang down behind a wood cutout. You could use various shapes for the wood cutout depending upon what you wanted. You could even glue cotton balls to a cutout for clouds.

I've seen people make cute pins out of shrinky dinks. You could make some and then put glitter glue on them afterwards to make them sparkly.

Bookmark   May 4, 2008 at 9:43AM
More Discussions
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
wind spinner patterns
does anyone have patterns for the old time wind spinners...
parker806
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
toomuchglass
Drying or preserving live flowers....
Having just lost a son, I'd like to be able to preserve...
SunnyDJ
Ideas for Button Crafts- Wuttons
Look what I found at Joann today! I thought these owl...
arollins1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™