Built In Look With Counter Depth Fridge installation

dms1973December 24, 2013

I have finally decided that I just don't have the budget for a built in fridge and have settled on a counter depth for my kitchen remodel. In looking through photos of counter depth fridge installations some look incredibly good and others are not quite as well integrated. Are there any tricks that my cabinet maker should know in order to help get an installation that really gets that built in look?

Also, are there any cabinet depth fridges that don't have the gray plastic feet at the bottom that give it away as a cabinet depth fridge? Thanks for any advice!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lori_inthenw_gw

We had to make a lot of trips to the appliance store to check out exactly how the hinges open. That has a lot to do with how far forward the box has to sit. I was all set to get the Electrolux, but we will be looking directly at the side of the thing, so my husband talked me into the Liebherr. Maybe there was another solution, but that's where we ended up. I don't recall what the feet look like, though.

Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 10:52AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gooster

You can have your cabinet maker make all of your boxes on the same line as the cabinet extra deep, at least an inch and up to three (25 to 27 inches), in order to fit the full body depth. Or, you have to have your GC install your water line and plugs to be as recessed as possible behind the fridge opening. In fact, at the narrower 25" depth, you may still have to recess your plugs and water connections.

I have a 24" depth and one of the few CD fridges that come with a 23 1/2" deep body, plus a special trim kit. And, I still had to route the water line up from the floor and recess the plugs in order to get it to all fit.

All in all, it will still stick out, unless you get a built-in, integrated refrigerator. It will just stick out less. Many of the models do have a black or grey cover at the bottom that cover the bottom, some have a grill, and others, as you note, just have feet.

Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 5:20PM
More Discussions
New cooktop slightly smaller than old cutout in granite
I have a 36 " gas cooktop in my granite countertop...
chirs1
Finish Detergent
Has anyone tried the new Finish Quantum Max 12X pacs?...
sparky823
Zephyr Hurricane vs Broan QP430SS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice or stories...
brewcat
need help - with Miele DW and Ikea Sektion panel
Hi All, Getting a Sektion kitchen. I want a Miele...
Kathy Rohde
Wolf is increasing the BTUs on front burners
When I called the Wolf showroom in Atlanta, I was told...
charon70
Sponsored Products
American Drew Tribecca Drawer Chest in Root Beer Color
Beyond Stores
Gecko Bold Stripe Ovo Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Kas Rugs Rugs Artistic Accent Mocha 3 ft.
Home Depot
Liffy Deck-Mount Tub Faucet and Hand Shower
Signature Hardware
Black/Brown Clubber Sleeper - Right Chaise
Zuri Furniture
Designers Fountain 6694 Essence 4 Light Bath Bar in Chrome Finish - 6694-CH
$167.50 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™