Help, Need Pattern

gjbmilApril 17, 2005

I am looking for a pattern from Cross Stitch and Country Crafts 1988 or 1989 called "The Tea Party". It was featured on the cover of the magazine and has a little girl having a tea party with her dolls/stuffed animals. I have an OLD xerox copy of this pattern but I would like to have the book and colored pattern. If any one can help me out, I would really appreciate it! Thank you so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
acraftylady

I have every issue for 88 and 89 and don't see that on the cover. That does sound familiar a little so maybe it's in another old issue. I have some other years hear and can check later and let you know. Once you find the right issue you will most likely be able to find it on e-bay. I bought these at a yard sale last summer and I have only gone through half of them and I am not parting with them just yet.

Bookmark   April 25, 2005 at 6:44PM
gjbmil

I want to thank you all so much for your help in finding this pattern and especially acraftylady, who was just awsome in scanning and sending me the pattern. It is coming along beautifully and I am loving every minute of doing this darling pattern, for my daughter. Thank you again :)

Bookmark   May 10, 2005 at 9:56PM
xstitcher54

Glad you got what you needed, too bad it was done illegally.

Bookmark   May 11, 2005 at 12:19AM
Nixie13

Oh give me a break, its not as if the magazine company or the pattern designer will get any money for it now years later even if it was resold. They get paid once for anything they sell anything after that they don't see a dime. Its only money in the original owner and the one after that and the one after that and after that ect ect, anyways its only money in their pockets. The magazines from 88 and 89 aren't being sold anymore on the shelves just on ebay and the likes.

Bookmark   May 26, 2005 at 7:25PM
chinacat_sunflower

keep archive copies of every pattern I've ever used, ye never know when a grandbaby will pop up with the family gift for crafting, and want to add pillowcases to match a bedspread, or napkins to match the table runner I made to go with the seder tablecloth that my grandmother handed down (half finished, I might add) to my mother.

if copying things for private use were really illegal, then xerox machines would be strictly regulated, and used book sites would be unheard of (or strictly black market)

the fact is that there is a provision in the laws for private use that amounts to common sense for us common folks.

the recent 'file sharing' nonsense has totally distorted copyright law in most people's minds- of course, I remember when they tried to restrict the sale of blank cassette tapes for just this reason, and the courts laughed at them...

Bookmark   July 5, 2005 at 11:50AM
More Discussions
Christmas tree
I have finished stitching a modern Christmas tree and...
xstitch1
Need help with needlepoint
I can't find a needlepoint forum so I am trying here! I...
Linda
tatty teddy
Hello this is a first time thing for me but i would...
michelle.hennon
Flour Sack towels or Flour Sack towel material wanted
Hello....where do you all buy this type of material?...
Ouma
Newbie needs some help
Hello members. I am your newest participant. My name...
AnyPlan
Sponsored Products
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Kas Rugs Rugs Tree Rings Natural 2 ft. 6
Home Depot
Yellow Nine-Piece Bakeware Set
$29.99 | zulily
Omega Folding Bed - 61-OME-BED-FR
$474.99 | Hayneedle
Mia Garnet Satin Nickel Mini Pendant
$220.50 | Bellacor
Slipstream Slim Ceiling
Lightology
Cole & Co. Custom Collection 25" Classic/Estate Package, Bella Crema Top and Bis
Modern Bathroom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™