new ornaments

minnie_txApril 20, 2007

I'm afraid these might be hard to see. I've made Santa cinnamon sticks before but these are so cute (3/.25¢) Each one is holding a little wooden heart.

The Rudolph pins are on green felt. The head of Rudolph is a piece of pine cone!! I guess you just break the piece off. One Pine cone could make 50 or more haha.With the addition of the google eyes and tiny bell and ribbon it makes a nice pin. These were 5/1.00 I got them for the pattern!!

The red scissor necklace is not really an ornament. I discovered that the little scissor case is really plastic canvas folded in half with a crocheted chain!! nice little gift for a club meeting table favor. Thought you'd like to see what's new.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
craftylady-2006

I really like the Santa cinnamon sticks, they are so cute. I agree that the other ornaments would make great club meeting favors.

Sal

Bookmark   April 21, 2007 at 9:22AM
anjabee

I like those Santa sticks too. I'll have to make some of those this year. TFS ~Anj

Bookmark   April 21, 2007 at 10:31AM
surfergal

Do the santa sticks hang on the tree? did not see a hanging loop. how would one display them? thanks

Bookmark   April 21, 2007 at 5:24PM
minnie_tx

surfergal I don't see any kind of hanger on the Santas. Maybe they are for sticking in plants??

Bookmark   April 21, 2007 at 10:06PM
bulldinkie

Yes Ive madethese I used fishing line to hang them really cute.I used the paint for snow for 3d effect,for hair & beard

Bookmark   October 4, 2011 at 3:30PM
musicteacher

I still have some of these ornaments from our first year of marriage, when we could afford nothing. I blew out eggs and painted the shells white and glued on small cut outs from wrapping paper or magazines, then varnished them. They are classic and I was surprized to see some on my brother's tree recently. I forgot i had sent them to him 30 years ago! I also made some salt dough ornaments - simple candles came out the best: painted candle white, flame yellow/orange and added holly leaves and berries at the bottom. These show up well on a tree and with a couple of coats of varnish have survived about thirty hot humid summers in the attic! Still also have a couple of snowmen made of felt with felt top hats and red scarves. Just blanket stitched and lightly stuffed. These are a little more time consuming, but very cute and fun to do when just relaxing in the evenings.

Bookmark   October 8, 2011 at 11:11PM
More Discussions
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
Drying or preserving live flowers....
Having just lost a son, I'd like to be able to preserve...
SunnyDJ
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
Christmas Village
I received a few pieces last x-mas and I didnt do a...
christine1950
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™