Scrapbook machines & hand tools for fabric & felt???

hobby_libbyApril 7, 2011

Can the Sizzix & Cricut machines with dies, punches, edging scissors, & so on, also cut fabric & felt?

I'm not a paper person, but anything that could give me such variety & limit hand work with fabric & felt would be very nice.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kraftymom

You bet! I have both a Sizzix and a BigShot and love them both because they can cut everything from paper to thin metals. They will cut your fabrics very nicely. :-)

*I never opted to buy an electronic die cutting machine like the Cricut because they are more limited in the materials they can cut and didn't want yet another electronic device that can break down or need replacement blades, mats, etc. but I do believe that the Cricut does cut fabrics. There is a community board at cricut.com that could probably answer your questions.

Bookmark   April 9, 2011 at 3:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hobby_libby

That's great news! I didn't know this since I've always shied away from that area of the stores & ignored all talk/reading of anything dealing with paper! lol

Just how many of these machines are there on the market?! 8-O

I'll just look around at the Cricut forum. I don't want to have to register at yet another forum to ask one Q. eek lol

IDK what this Big Shot is. I'll have to do a search for it.

Thanks!

Oh, can the scissors, & circular punches or whatever they're called, with all the fancy designs cut fabric & felt?

Bookmark   April 9, 2011 at 9:57PM
More Discussions
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
L A
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™