Finding patterns in stores?

irishdancersgramMarch 24, 2005

Has anyone noticed or is it just me, but not too many stores have the cross stitch book/booklets any more? In the past, I've always been able to find certain books, but now you mostly have to get them on line....We do have 1 shop close to me, but her prices are sky high and then she doesn't always have what you need....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Vique_Pa

It seems to me that it is getting harder and harder to find supplies for any kind of needle work. I don't think there are many women who like to do things like this any more. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my needle work. For me, it is very relaxing at the end of the day to work on cross stitch, knitting, crocheting, tatting, Bolivian lace etc. Plus, it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble. Vique.

Bookmark   March 25, 2005 at 7:54PM
kitty_cat

I was feeling the same way about not being able to find any books! Then I found out that this lady opened an all cross stitch store! I was so excited. She's not to expensive and she will order anything for you. She's very nice. I went in there and got the two new care bear books, Landmarks of America, Snowmen book (cant remember title), and a pooh book and it was like $40. I thought that was pretty cheap. So now I go in there all the time. :)

Cat

Bookmark   March 25, 2005 at 11:46PM
kathi_mdgd

Needlework is alive and well.Just go over to www.123stitch.com and you'll find lots and lots of ladies and a few men still doing it,and they can lead you to all kinds of places to find stuff.
Kathi

Bookmark   March 31, 2005 at 1:15PM
More Discussions
tatty teddy
Hello this is a first time thing for me but i would...
michelle.hennon
Flour Sack towels or Flour Sack towel material wanted
Hello....where do you all buy this type of material?...
Ouma
cardboard embroidery floss bobbins
hi all......i am having a hard time finding these,...
lindalou
popcorn chart / tatty teddy exchange suzys zoo
i have quite a few popcorn charts and taty teddy charts...
cute
Tatty teddy book marks
Hi all, If anyone has any me to you bookmark patterns...
Lorna.rogers
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™