What were those dangly things called again??

LaraApril 2, 2007

I beleive it was on this board where we were making them a couple of years back. We glued flat backed gems/marbles to monofilament, then attached fishing swivels to one end and hung them from wire baskets. Someone on another board said it was a suncatcher, and yet another called it a windchime, but that dosen't sound right. Does anyone remember what we called them? Can someone post a pic? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

oh, I forgot, we also glued little square mirrors to the monofilament, along with the glass gems.

    Bookmark   April 2, 2007 at 7:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I Have one in the attic that I made when this was mentioned. I don't think it had an "Official" name . ( At least I don't remember ! ) I've always called it a suncatcher.

    Bookmark   April 3, 2007 at 11:41AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Don't know what they are called either but in the following
post on the garden junk forum are some pics of some.
Hope it helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dangly Things

    Bookmark   April 3, 2007 at 3:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I don't think that was it ,evelyn. These were made from upside down wire baskets with a bunch of strands of doo dads & mirrors hanging down . I can drag mine out & Take a pic if you'd like.

    Bookmark   April 3, 2007 at 4:10PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
Halloween costume for my boobs
Yes I know it's pretty weird but after undergoing breast...
Hair Jewelry/Headpiece Questions
Hi everyone, This year, I will be attempting once again...
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
Drying or preserving live flowers....
Having just lost a son, I'd like to be able to preserve...
Sponsored Products
Jocelyn Gray Rug 3'9" x 5'9"
$229.00 | Horchow
AHB Maxwell Swivel Tall Bar Stool - Black with Mushroom Bonded Leather - 134902B
$349.95 | Hayneedle
Drop Ceiling Tiles: Ceilume Adhesives & Fillers Jackson Merlot 2 ft. x 2 ft.
$3.89 | Home Depot
Rolling Rustic Bookshelf
$499.99 | Dot & Bo
Square Graphic Flatweave Rug 5'3" x 7'7" - BLACK
$179.00 | Horchow
Roosevelt 52-Inch Oil Rubbed Bronze Interior Ceiling Fan
$189.00 | Bellacor
Prandina | Hanoi Table Lamp
$730.00 | YLighting
Alcove Sofa by Vitra
$8,850.00 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™