The price of styrofoam ! WOW !

toomuchglassApril 17, 2007

I was in JoAnn fabrics yesterday - trying to figure out what to use my 50% coupon on. I came across the stryofoam shapes ... I couldn't believe the prices ! I looked at an 8" ball ....... $11.99 !!!! WOW . I saw some crafts to use styrofoam with ... but I think I'll pass. What happened to the good old days when styro was considered a scrap craft ? LOL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pixistix

I hear you . . . that's why I was so desperate to find an alternative for my flower topiaries (post below). The 8" styro balls alone would've cost me over $300! . . . you're right: styro's no scrap anymore, LOL.

Bookmark   April 17, 2007 at 8:04PM
craftylady-2006

Always check out Walmart prices on this stuff, it's probably a few bucks cheaper.

Sal

Bookmark   April 17, 2007 at 9:13PM
honeysuckleridge

If you have a Hobby Lobby near by their prices are much better than even Wal Mart.

ginger

Bookmark   April 17, 2007 at 9:30PM
oddie

Wonder why the cost has gone up so much? I have looked at the balls at different times and thought I will not pay that price.
I had some old xmas balls with the gold thread and took the thread off and used them for different things ( I know its not thread just cant think what its called)
Oddie

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 8:47AM
minnie_tx

Check the dumpsters out in back or ask about packing material (You're moving?) Maybe they'll give some to you. DS always asks if he sees a cart with packing or styrofoam in it. (try a furniture store they usually have big pieces.,

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 9:45AM
honeysuckleridge

The cost of oil has gone up so everything that involves oil to make or ship has gone up as well.
Anything and anyway to keep on jabbing us they do it.

ginger

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 5:54PM
iowagirl2006

DD had to make a solar system model - holy cow!

Bookmark   April 24, 2007 at 4:35PM
sharon_fl

Here's a little secret I will share. Back when I lived up in PA..there was a foam fabricator in my hometown. His plant made all types of styrofoam orders for customers. I went up there and got all of my sheets (4'x8') for crafts, wedding arches, etc. If I needed anything special-he'd cut it for me. They have all thicknesses-1/2" to 4 or 6" thick! So, look in your yellow pages for foam fabricators, go visit one and make him your friend!! Can't hurt to ask-especially if you do alot of foam crafts.

Bookmark   May 7, 2007 at 6:57PM
More Discussions
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for Styrofoam?
I know it exists, as I've used it. I need to spray...
linnea56
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
cooper9191
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™