table runner applique

cats_meow_2008April 18, 2008

Hi, This is probably a silly question But,I am making a table runner and I want to put a sheep and willow tree on the ends. I would like to put the sheep on there as an applique but, I cannot figure out how to applique that sheep on there. Can anyone explain how to do this

Thanks so much

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
craftylady-2006

Are you hand cutting the pieces or are they premade? There is a craft mag named "Create & Decorate." In it they show different types of handstitching. Find the mag at craft stores like Michael's, Joann's, AC Moore Craft Store or even Walmart. You can also do a web search by just typing in your web browser line "applique techniques" - I'm sure you'll get lots of sites to look at. Good luck on your project and hope you'll post pics of it when you're done, we love the pics!!!

Sal

Bookmark   April 18, 2008 at 9:52PM
cats_meow_2008

Thanks for writing. I am hand cutting the pieces. I have it on tracing paper at this point.

Bookmark   April 19, 2008 at 7:39AM
primgal36

There's an iron on material that you could use for keeping it in place, or you could use tacky glue, if it's just for decoration and it won't get dirty- meaning you wouldn't be washing it. What kind of material are you using?

Bookmark   April 19, 2008 at 7:49AM
cats_meow_2008

I am using cotton material. I have it on tracing paper as I said but, how do I cut it out? Do I put it on a thicker paper and then place the material I am going to use under it and then cut it out?
I am really in the dark about this. I know what I want just trying to get it there. No it will not get dirty so washing is not and issue.. Thanks so much for the help.

Bookmark   April 19, 2008 at 6:06PM
luvstocraft

Cats meow, I think you need to get the iron on paper that Primgal mentioned. There are several brands, one that comes to mind is Wonder under. Just ask for it at a fabric store.

You iron it on the back of the fabric you want to applique, trace your pattern on the paper side, cut it out, pull the backing off and iron the cutout onto your table runner. Really very easy.

Be sure to come back and post a pic so we can see your completed project, okay?

Luvs

Bookmark   April 20, 2008 at 1:51AM
cats_meow_2008

thanks so much, i will buy it tomorrow at joanns. i will post a pic when complete..

Bookmark   April 20, 2008 at 8:50AM
More Discussions
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
Is there a product?
that you can design specific lettering graphics on...
pixistix
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
toomuchglass
Sponsored Products
Solano Table Lamp
$283.80 | Bellacor
San Francisco Giants Mini Table
$12.99 | zulily
RST Outdoor Bliss Loveseat and Ottoman with Coffee Table - OP-PELOVOT-BLS-K
Hayneedle
Soto Leather Chair - Brighton Lemon Grass Yellow
Joybird Furniture
Larchmere Apothecary Lamp-Finial and Satin Turquoise Shade
Lamps Plus
Mocha Lapaz Circle Shade Anya Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Allan Copley Designs Sheila Square Glass Top End Table in Brushed Stainless Stee
Beyond Stores
Blu Dot | Scamp Medium Side Table
YLiving.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™