Balloon in a box gift

deedeebakerApril 25, 2009

Has anyone ever sent one? If so, what type of box did you use and for what occasion? I would like to try this because I think it would be fun. Just looking for something different. I'm thinking I could attach the balloon to a gift of some kind. I would like to hear from anyone who has done this. Thanks!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grandma_bonnie

Did you ever get an answer to your question?

Bookmark   May 1, 2009 at 9:44AM
deedeebaker

grandma bonnie - No I did not get any answers. But I made the gift I wanted to send & went and purchased a balloon to see what size box I would need. I'm just not real sure about how to package it so it won't fly around in the box.I'm thinking maybe I could go to a UPS store and they could probably help me. Plus I'm having a hard time finding small size shrink wrap bags which I need for the gift.

Bookmark   May 4, 2009 at 9:11AM
adellabedella_usa

I'm not sure what shrink wrap bags are.

Depending on how small of a bag you need, Wal-Mart has clear party bags in their party section. Would that work?

Or as an alternative, what about making your own bags with baggies and a foodsaver? I found I could make my own packaging useing the cheap Wal-Mart baggies without the label. I put whatever I wanted in the baggie and then cut off the top zipper part. I sealed it where I wanted the seam. If I wanted the sides to be smaller, I cut the side seams and resealed to where I wanted.

Bookmark   May 5, 2009 at 10:13PM
deedeebaker

A shrink wrap bag is a bag that you heat with a hair dryer to shrink the plastic around the item to hold everything in place. You have probably seen them on gift baskets. The gift that I'm shipping has candy in it so the shrink wrap will hold it in place. Wrapping it in a party bag wouldn't be secure enough.

Bookmark   May 6, 2009 at 10:30AM
More Discussions
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
Halloween costume for my boobs
Yes I know it's pretty weird but after undergoing breast...
trashywoman
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
toomuchglass
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™