Bringing the outdoors IN?

southerngardenchickApril 25, 2009

Hello people! I'm a newbie crafter trying to find projects that coincides with my new love, GARDENING! I'd really love every room in my house to have decor and crafts with a garden theme! I have VERY BASIC crocheting skills, and my husband studied art in college (so he could paint whatever I asked him too... LOL!) I'm not scared to try any kind of crafting project!

One thing I'm going to do is take a leaf off of each plant I grow this summer and do a rubbing (with the help of my three year old), and frame them.

Any other ideas, websites to look at, or whatever?

I know I could google this, but would rather get first hand advice on this. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Beth

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cheri_C

Hi Beth, I love the gardening look myself. Always wanted to do a room in it, but never did. One thing that I always liked was they took a bird bath and put a glass top on the bowl of it. You could fill the base with gardening things or you could put sand in it and had shells for a more summery look. I saw where they took the round handles from outside water faucets and used them for door pulls. Old metal rakes without the handles makes a great peg hook. Start a collection of flower "frog". The kind you put in vases to hold the flowers up. A old wheelbarrow or a old wagon with a glass top would make a great coffee table. Of course you gotta have a potting table. I've been wanting to make one from a old door. I just made up some little gardening jars. I saw them on the cover of Country Sampler. I'll attach the pics.
I'll have to get some of my old gardening magazines out and look at them again. I'll try and think of some more things and get some sites for you.

Bookmark   April 28, 2009 at 9:48AM
southerngardenchick

OH how cute! I've got jars... that'll be an easy project for me to get started on. Lots of great ideas! The wheelbarrow coffee table sounds like my kind of thing too! All my decor is basically repurposed items anyway... :).

Thank you for the thoughts! If you have any more, lay 'em on me!

Beth

Bookmark   April 29, 2009 at 11:08AM
adellabedella_usa

Google "tree branch decorations". There are a ton of ideas that you could use for wall art, centerpieces, and other things.

Bookmark   April 29, 2009 at 2:28PM
More Discussions
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
Christmas Village
I received a few pieces last x-mas and I didnt do a...
christine1950
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
cooper9191
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™