need help ideas for decorating pot for flowers

LybanApril 4, 2009

Hi,

I have 5 or 6 white orchids to use as wedding decor for a wedding. The theme of wedding is black and white.

I can get these beautiful white orchids at a very good price but they come in a plain green plastic 6 inch pot.

My question,what can I put them in that all match and is very economical. I was thinking of modge podge a black and white design paper of some kind on a cheap container or would covering in material be easier. or any other ideas.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

If cost is a big factor, you could just spray paint the pots black and then tie a satin ribbon/bow around it. You could also buy fabric and just gather it up around the pots as well.

If cost is not prohibitive, I love the idea of using the square clear glass flower vases with a few clear marbles in the bottom to support the stem of one elegant orchid.

Luvs

Bookmark   April 4, 2009 at 11:24PM
amberscu

I agree, use spray paint for plastic and then a ribbons around the top.-

Bookmark   April 7, 2009 at 10:07AM
Lyban

Thanks for the replies. I never thought of spray painting the pot. Maybe I will try that. The fabric might also be nice, I will experiment on one pot and see.

Bookmark   April 7, 2009 at 1:52PM
TwoMonths

You may also try a gift bag that is black, tuck in white tissue or patterned black and white tissue. Put something in bottom if necessary to raise the actual pot up a bit from bottom. Also, since orchids are not really always in 'dirt' you can just use a piece of driftwood and attached it and cover with some moss.

Bookmark   April 10, 2009 at 9:22PM
More Discussions
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for Styrofoam?
I know it exists, as I've used it. I need to spray...
linnea56
post your april challenge pics here: new growth!
Welcome to the April Challenge! You are challenged...
concretenprimroses
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™