graduation card box holder

deb_flApril 30, 2006

does anyone have any ideas for a graduation card holder box.... for a girl graduate...my sister has given me the task to make one for my niece...also wants a pillow possibly shaped in a pointed shoe for everyone to sign...

any suggestions would be great!!!

I am a old time poster...glad its free again...I did pay for one year but my finances made this be the one to cut back on to meet my budget!!! but have been coming and reading once in a while ...but it drove me crazy not to be able to post...especially when someone was asking for help that I could of helped with...

debi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aggiewife

Sorry, I have no suggestions but I wanted to say Welcome Back. Hopefully, this board will get going again.

Bookmark   April 30, 2006 at 12:04PM
Red_Confetti

Is there going to be a theme to the party, Debi? That will make choosing the decoration for the card box easier...
Luau theme - a pineapple with a slot in side
College theme - a campus building
Present HS theme - mortarboard resting on black box with slot

...and so on. Let us know when she chooses a theme and I'm sure you'll get lots of ideas!

Bookmark   April 30, 2006 at 12:38PM
lauriemi

I took a large round paper mache box and cut a square piece of cardboard to fit on top so that it looked like a graduation hat. Glue the square on the lid of the round box.I cut a slit in the top slightly off to the side, to drop the cards in. I painted the box her school color and made the tassle out of embrodery floss. I used a wooden plug to represent the "button" on top and put the "tassle" on top. I used 2004 stickers to decorate the bottom part.
I hope this makes sense.
She then used the box to store the cards in later. She has it packed away or I would take a picture of it.
Any questions, please ask.
Laurie

Bookmark   April 30, 2006 at 12:55PM
deb_fl

thank you!
I am glad to be back!!!
my sister doesn't have a theme...I tried to get her to have one...she is not a party person at all...very shy so...this is very hard for her..unfortunately I am in another state so I can't take over the planning... only thing she was asking for was a pointe shoe autograph pillow for everyone to sign

Bookmark   April 30, 2006 at 1:17PM
sue102

Why not use a birdcage, like a lot of people do for weddings? It's easy for people to slide the cards inside and you could use miniature clothespins or clips and put school pictures of the graduate on it.
Sue

Bookmark   May 2, 2006 at 8:45PM
valinda

How about using a mailbox? I made one for my friend to use at her wedding at it went over well. I just bought a white mailbox from a home improvement store and decorated it with lace, pearls, and wedding stuff. You could paint it the school colors or put stickers and pictures all over it with ribbons the school colors. I will be doing this for my son's graduation next year.

Valinda

Bookmark   May 4, 2006 at 1:35PM
More Discussions
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™