Kenmore dishwasher cycle selector knob

Janette_ORz7December 9, 2013

Hello
I can't get the knob to move. it is like it is frozen. Worked fine yesterday. Got all the dishes loaded, tried to turn it on and the knob will not budge at all. The machine does a great job of cleaning. Has anyone else had this problem? If you've got any suggestions, all are appreciated. Model #665.15992400.

Thanks for reading
Janette

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

Per the parts diagram at SearsPartsDirect.com, this model apparently has a mechanical linkage from the timer to the detergent dispenser for triggering the detergent doses to release. Could be something is jammed or broken among components for that function. The timer itself could also be jammed or broken.

Only way you're going to know is disassemble the machine for investigation. Or call a service company.

Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 10:19AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Janette_ORz7

Thanks for your response, dadoes. I will see about checking out your idea. May end up calling service. I hate to do that because for years my husband owned an appliance repair shop and I never had to worry about things like this. Now that he has passed, my sons take care of some of this. I'll let them know your thoughts, and hopefully get it figured out.

thanks again

Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 10:00PM
More Discussions
HELP PLEASE New Dacor range to replace old DCS (Fisher Paykel) range?
We moved into a house that has a 9 year old DCS by...
princesspronoid
Increased price for high end appliances
Hi All, Sorry for the long post - I'm getting incredibly...
loveumms
36" Rangetop & Wall Ovens vs. 48" Range
Our current kitchen plans call for a 36" rangetop...
greasetrap
Bosch Benchmark Policy....
I live in the FL Keys, and we have very few options...
cudjoegal
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™