ideas needed

tralynnApril 28, 2008

I have been searching all over with no luck. There are five generations of women in my family. I would like to make something for mothers day, but not even sure what I want to make. Have been looking for poems, letters, etc. but still not finding anything pertaing to five generations, ex: great great grandma, great grandma, grandma, mother, daughter, baby girl. Hope you get the idea. Very hard to explain. If anyone has ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
craftylady-2006

There is a website called "the vintage workshop" which has quite a few ideas for things on Mother's Day. You might want to take a peek at that site.

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 6:21AM
dian57

How about taking a photo of all the generations together. Have the photo either framed from each woman or printed onto a tote, apron or teeshirt for each?

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 6:25AM
mariend

How about copies of the original birth certificates of each person with children's pictures, various stages of growing up, even houses lived it, birthdays holidays and these could be on a single sheet or simple booklets.

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 8:42PM
adellabedella_usa

Here's a partial idea. Find some pretty fabric and make something personal in that fabric to tie each generation together. For instance, the baby might have something small like a decorated bib. The baby's mother could have a tote bag or purse. Someone else could have a case for holding glasses, a scarf, or a decorated shirt.

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 9:37PM
juicyfruitkid

How about a small shadow box frame with pics etc for each or just a large fram with pics etc for each?

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 9:57PM
blameitontherain

Have you ever seen those Russian nesting dolls? Most of them have 5 or so different dolls that nest inside each other.

If you are handy with wood crafting, you could create your own. If you don't have enough time before Mother's Day or if, like me, you are not allowed to remain alone in a room with anything sharp that uses electricity (!), you could buy a set already made and re-paint them with the right hair color, glasses, etc., such that you have a doll that represents each generation.

What a joy to have five living generations of women!

Rain

(with one mother, three sisters, two nieces and a pregnant niece-in-law)

Here is a link that might be useful: matryoshka dolls

Bookmark   April 30, 2008 at 12:06PM
kim1164

My mom is one of 11 kids and before grandma passed, they made shirts with all their generations on it, got everyone together with the shirts on and took a pic of all of them with the shirts on, then made a framed pic for everyone!

Bookmark   April 30, 2008 at 1:04PM
More Discussions
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
L A
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
Christmas Village
I received a few pieces last x-mas and I didnt do a...
christine1950
Sponsored Products
Crystorama Sutton Chandelier - 28W in. Venetian Bronze & Golden Teak - 5026-VB-G
$700.00 | Hayneedle
American Fyre Designs Phoenix Outdoor Fireplace - 017-01-N-SL-RUC-NAT
Hayneedle
Grasshopper Convertible Sled / Wagon - Mountain Boy Sledworks
$280.00 | HORNE
Hanging Dressy Hat Bird Feeder
Grandin Road
BDI | Signal Home Theater Cabinet 8329
YLiving.com
Mushrooms Brushed Nickel 4 Swag Chandelier
Euro Style Lighting
People viewed this after searching for: